Does anyone juice?

Replies

• TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Not my thing.

I prefer to eat my veggies/fruit.
  • jessicadawn1980
    jessicadawn1980 Posts: 4 Member
    I don't juice, but I make green smoothies. I have The Health Master, and it's great!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Not my thing.

I prefer to eat my veggies/fruit.

This.

Sometimes I drink juice, though. Especially pineapple juice with some nice rum in it. Yummy!!!
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    I have an old Jack Lalanne juicer :)
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    I only juice or make smoothies when I'm too lazy to chew lol. I usually prefer to eat my vegetables and fruits.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    I vote..... not

if by juicing you mean juices replacing solid food then a definite no!!

if you mean juicing to make tasty drinks full of micronutrients to eat in addition to nutritionally balanced meals of mainly solid food, then that's totally different and if you like it then it's a good way to get plenty of micronutrients. but bear in mind that juicing fruits/veg removes the fibre, and your body needs the fibre too, so it's debatable whether this is actually better than eating whole fruits and veggies... personally I'll stick to eating whole fruits and veg, they taste better and I get the fibre that way.... but if you like juicing and you're getting enough fibre generally then why not....
  • rebeccasquared
    rebeccasquared Posts: 2 Member
    i juice! I've become quite obsessed with my juicer as of late. I supplement my diet with juice--I'd starve if I only drank juice. Instead of eating 2 pieces of toast and 2 eggs and 2 pieces of cheese with 2 slabs of butter for breakfast, I have one (of each) and a juice and I still feel satiated.
  • Tiki1978
    Tiki1978 Posts: 364
    I have a nutribullet and I love it! So I get skins etc add some greens and for added fat I use coconut oil.
  • Noogynoogs
    I have just started to put super greens in the juice - don't like the taste but it is super healthy :)
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    I make my own juice, I don't solely rely on it though...I just like the taste. I bought a Hurom slow juicer recently, It is fab!! I can make my own soy milk, tofu etc. with it along with the juice, yum! :drinker:
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Don't get me started on juicing!
  • chloeealicee
    chloeealicee Posts: 204 Member
    I hate juice and smoothies. I just can't feel full on a drink. I need solid food to feel like i've eaten.
  • Noogynoogs
    I don't drink juices as a fod only I eat loads and supplement with juices for maximum health benefits.
  • jchadden42
    jchadden42 Posts: 189
    I do not juice, but I do make fruit smoothies as a snack sometimes--Greek yogurt with V-8 fusions juice and frozen fruit with spinach. I find it's a nice way to get in vitamins, and it makes a healthy treat. My son will often ask for a smoothie for dessert. I almost feel guilty when I'm putting raw spinach into his "dessert."

These smoothies do not replace any meals, though.