Vitamix

Options
For everyone that owns a vitamix is it worth it?
I'm thinking about buying one.
I think its cool how you could make ice cream with just frozen fruits without adding any liquid.

Replies

• srmchan
    srmchan Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I got one from Costco a little over a week ago. It's a very strong machine and easy to clean. I use it for banana protein smoothies and have also made orange smoothies. Peel the orange, halve it, and the blender does the rest. Absolutely no pulp left behind.

There may be better values out there My wife asked for one and I didn't push back since she let me get a new bicycle recently. :-)
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for about five years and we still use it every day. We have four kids and we all drink a lot of smoothies, make our own almond butter, make blender waffles or pancakes and even ice cream. We have a lot of food intolerances so we have to make the majority of our stuff from scratch and it would be so hard without the Vitamix. Recently it had an issue and VM had me send it in for service. The warranty covered everything, they emailed me a shipping label and we just boxed it and dropped it at UPS. It took about two weeks but it came back good as new. During that two weeks though we realized just how much we rely on it! Every single one of us were so happy when it came back! I will say that a Blendtek is also a very good machine so if you find a good deal on that then I wouldn't hesitate. They're both really good blenders and nothing else compares to them.
  • maxxers
    maxxers Posts: 1
    Options
    I've had a Vitamix for 4 years and absolutely love it. I use it almost daily and have never regretted it. It's one of the best purchases I've ever made. Great product, great customer service, great warranty (7 years!).

Blendtec's are great too, although I've never personally owned one. My brother has one though and I've always been impressed by it. It seems easier to clean (no nobs/switches/dials) and has nice preset buttons. He claims it's more powerful, but my Vitamix is more than powerful enough.
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Love love love my Vitamix :love:
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    If it wasn't hundreds of dollars, I would LOVE to purchase one. I also used a Blendtec at my old job, and they are awesome as well. Really can't go wrong with either brand!
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Ours is used every single day, without fail. It's got a permanent place on our counter - whereas other small appliances are in the cupboard.

It's one of the best investments I've ever made.
  • sunshinelively
    sunshinelively Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Love love love the vitamix - bought it last fall. Great for soups in the winter smoothies in the summer, and protein shakes all the time. Even stands up to kale! Worth it for those who like to blend their veggies and otherwise make healthy eating easier. Can't say enough about it!
  • mscrystallee
    mscrystallee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I use mine daily. I love that when I am lazy and want a healthy dinner i just throw some broth and veggies in it, let it run on high for minutes and I have soup. I have the Vitamix 5200
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I love my Vitamix - the thing could practically blend a golf club. Seeds, peels, and ice don't stand a chance against it.
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Yes. Worth it. I also perfected a smoothie yesterday with frozen mango, fresh orange, banana, yogurt, protein powder, and vegetable greens powder.
  • dirtroadrunner3
    dirtroadrunner3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Mine should be here today or tomorrow. I cannot wait!!
  • loisadamski1
    Options
    Got the Vitamix 6000 for Mother's Day ... afraid to try it at first but went right to it and made almond butter, banana pancakes, tortilla soup (twice) and smoothies (drinking one now as I type) .... Enjoy, you'll love it!!