Lost 10kgs, but not from my boobs

Options
Hi all!

I've lost 10kgs (22 pounds) in the past three months - yay! I'm halfway to my 'healthy' weight of 73kgs (160lb) (from 93kgs/203lbs), and I couldn't be happier - people at work are commenting on my weight loss and remarking that my face is slimmer etc etc. I'm also fitting into dresses I haven't worn for months!

HOWEVER, I haven't lost ANYTHING in my boobs, and that's where I really want to lose some inches! I'm very large in the bust (G cup) and was hoping that with further weight loss, I might be able to get down to a DD. I would have thought that at this point after losing 10kgs, that I might at least have gone down to a F, but no deal!

Does anyone have any advice? Is it even possible to concentrate weight loss on my chest?

For background, I've essentially just started going to the gym (two to three one hour sessions per week) and counting kilojoules - I'm on 6000kjs (1430cal) every day - more on exercise days. I'm 166cm tall, or 5'6''.

Replies

• cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Weight will come off where it wants to come off. I've lost around my chest, but not in cup size yet.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    No advice except that it seems everyone's body loses fat differently. I didn't lose it from boobs until all of a sudden recently none of my bras fit. It went from my shoulders first, then arms, then waist. Still waiting for the butt..

I did lose a bunch of weight 10 years ago, and it didn't go from my boobs for ages, so I sympathize. With the weight loss elsewhere, it makes it feel that they look huge, but they did get smaller eventually. I guess it's just a matter of patience.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    It will go down eventually. I haven't lost in cups yet but I did in band (which actually translates to loss from the boobs because cups are smaller as band goes down).

It's slow going, I'm still a J, but I guess patience is all we have for now.
  • thickerella
    thickerella Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40lbs and only 1 cup size so far. Perhaps you're losing there and it isn't evident in your bra yet. I don't necessarily want my boobs to get smaller, but I would love it if they got perkier.
  • chloeealicee
    chloeealicee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    As everyone is saying everybody's body is different. Personally i lost my boobs first and kept my fat everywhere else and looked so out of proportion so this motivated me even more to continue working hard until the rest came down with it.

I can only recommend the same to you, keep at it and you're body will lose inches there eventually. Different places reduce first or later on on everyone. You can't spot reduce.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    We're all different, but I lost 70+ lbs and that equated to 1 cup size for me.
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40lbs and only 1 cup size so far. Perhaps you're losing there and it isn't evident in your bra yet. I don't necessarily want my boobs to get smaller, but I would love it if they got perkier.

If you figure out the perkier thing, please message me :laugh:
  • gourmanda
    gourmanda Posts: 7
    Options

If you figure out the perkier thing, please message me :laugh:

Haha, I agree!

Thanks for feedback everyone! I guess I just have to keep going the way I am - just hope it goes soon, so I don't continue to look so out of proportion!
  • Veggie_Ankers
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. I lose weight my boobs grow! When I lost weight years ago (56lbs) I went from a D to a E! Since losing more weight I'm now busting out of an F but the band around my chest and back has reduced! I would really like to lose a little here myself maybe going down to an E again but no such luck. On a plus note my hubby isn't complaining :wink: :laugh:
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I've lost 10kgs (22 pounds) in the past three months - yay! I'm halfway to my 'healthy' weight of 73kgs (160lb) (from 93kgs/203lbs), and I couldn't be happier - people at work are commenting on my weight loss and remarking that my face is slimmer etc etc. I'm also fitting into dresses I haven't worn for months!

HOWEVER, I haven't lost ANYTHING in my boobs, and that's where I really want to lose some inches! I'm very large in the bust (G cup) and was hoping that with further weight loss, I might be able to get down to a DD. I would have thought that at this point after losing 10kgs, that I might at least have gone down to a F, but no deal!

Does anyone have any advice? Is it even possible to concentrate weight loss on my chest?

For background, I've essentially just started going to the gym (two to three one hour sessions per week) and counting kilojoules - I'm on 6000kjs (1430cal) every day - more on exercise days. I'm 166cm tall, or 5'6''.

I shrunk down 6 dress sizes in high school, and all that happened was that I looked like a toothpick with two grapes on it. :P I just gave up and got reduction surgery. I was tired of the backaches and nerve damage in my shoulders. Couldn't be happier. ^_^