hello need support

Options
This is very difficult for me, this is the first time I have had to "diet". I was always the average weight girl. But in the last 2 years i have gained 30 lbs. I am married with 2 kids. I am tring to learn what the "right things" to eat are. Today was my first day not to bad.

Replies

• TarynV
    TarynV Posts: 15
    Options
    Welcome!! :)
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Yeah you!!!

It's always better to be the one making the decisions in your life rather than being forced by other factors.

Welcome!!!
  • lilmom1
    lilmom1 Posts: 69
    Options
    Welcome friend happy you found this site it is a wonderful place to get support along your journey, and keep up with you exercise and calories!!
  • JensueFerrell
    JensueFerrell Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    We are all here to give each other support.
  • beeheathere
    Options
    My focus is on one day at a time and not quitting. I have not even thought in terms of a specific weight loss goal. Find you a partner who can help you stay encourage. Also take a out a outfit from your closet that you really want to wear but can no longer. This has kept me on track so far. I encourage you to do the same.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Just try not to think of this as a diet - try to start thinking of it as more of a permanent lifestyle change. You want to make good choices not only for the short term but for the rest of your days. Do that by making little changes instead of jumping onto a big eating & exercise plan right away. Small steps are often more lasting.

And come on here often. I get a lot of inspiration & motivation here, especially when I'm tempted to make poor choices.

Good luck!
  • molina76853
    Options
    Don't look at it as a diet, look at it and focus on a healthy lifestyle change.
  • badseedsister
    Options
    Start with cutting portion size of your normal meals and keep your log. Then advance to actual dieting. And remember if you have a bad day, don't give up, just start over the next day. And no matter how many times you go over your calorie count or don't record your diary, start again. Weight loss does not happen overnight, it is a long process of changing your habits. Adjusting to weight changes as we age is the burden of women. Remember you have to decrease your calorie intake as you get older.
  • beanniemichelle
    Options
    thanks that is a GREAT idea. I has always been fairly happy with my weight, until the last few years. My goal is to get back into those size 10 old navy pants that I use to love. Thanks for the advice