subway salad??? only 100 cal?

Options
I Went to the subway nut calculator and did a salad. I added spin, lettuce, tom, green peppers, onion, cucumbers, turkey, and sweet onion dressing ... it told me the salad was only 100 cal? Seems REALLY low?

Replies

• Nathalia2009
    Nathalia2009 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I Went to the subway nut calculator and did a salad. I added spin, lettuce, tom, green peppers, onion, cucumbers, turkey, and sweet onion dressing ... it told me the salad was only 100 cal? Seems REALLY low?
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    yea that does seem really low. i would imagine that the turkey and salad dressing alone would end up being around 100 cals
  • angelicdisgrace33
    Options
    On the Subway website,they give nutritional values for the salads.A turkey salad minus dressings is 104kcal

http://www.subway.co.uk/menu/salads-and-wraps.aspx
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    It could be...or it may not be. I think it is really going to be based on how much dressing is put on your salad. One serving is 40 calories...which I am assuming is the same size as other dressing servings which is about 30 grams. The vegetables and turkey itself may add up to maybe 50-60 calories at the most...after all, 3 cups of lettuce is only 20 calories.

FYI....most of their salads only use 1/2 a serving of meat..which is about two slices...which would put the turkey at about 30 calories (average 2 oz serving of deli turkey is about 60 calories).