Is it bad to take a quick mid day nap after eating?

Options
Hello, quick weird question... I am super tired and I just ate a 275 cal meal. I'm not obsessed but I was wondering is it bad to take a half hour nap after eating a meal like this mid day? I'm gonna do it anyway cause I am tired but what are your thoughts?

Replies

• mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Sleep is always good. If your body is telling you it is tired, and you have the time to nap, I say GO FOR IT! Then when you are finished, come to Iowa, teach my classes and I'll take a nap! :)
  • chillyrodent
    Options
    Power nap, baby! The only problem I can imagine is if you suffer from reflux, but otherwise, snooze.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    If you lived in Mexico or Spain...it would be perfectly normal...
  • MarkHarrisonUK
    Options
    There was a 6-year study conducted (in Greece) as a joint effort between the Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) and the University of Athens Medical School (UAMS).

The study was completed in 2007. I've not read the study, only the Press Releases, so can't comment on the methodology, however the study was carried in a peer-reviewed journal.

However, the headline finding, was that taking a 30 minute lunchtime nap, 3 times a week, REDUCED the chances of dying of a heart attack over the period by 37%.

The study followed 23,681 people, all living in Greece, over an average of 6.3 years. The participants were all people with no history of coronary heart disease, stroke or cancer.

So, yes, go take that nap!
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    If I'm tired I'll take a nap regardless of time of day! :) I always feel better afterwards :)
  • gtime79
    Options
    I'll be there!:smile: