Does Can't Believe it's Not Butter Spray Have Any Calories?

Options
I love the stuff. I know for some it comes under the heading of "fake food", but I grew up on butter, and there's no way I can use "just a little" real butter, so it's an alternative that actually tastes good. The spreads to me just taste fake, and even stuff like Country Crock that tastes good is no lower in fat and calories than real butter.

So. My question:

The back of the ICBINB bottle says 1 spray for cooking and 5 sprays for topping are both no calories. But, I know that's labeled like cooking spray - you eat so small a "serving" that it's nutritionally insignificant.

Now, I've never drank a whole bottle of ICBINB spray, but I do spray somewhat liberally - say, 10-15 sprays for a piece of toast, and I usually have 2 slices when I have toast, so I'm getting 6 "servings" of the spray. I know I'm getting WAY fewer calories than the 50-100 in butter or spreads, but does anyone have any idea how many calories "overusing" ICBINB spray adds?

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    It's watered down buttermilk... that's not fake to me.

It does have calories when you get to the teaspoon or tablespoon amount (I can't remember which), I read it on Hungry Girl. I bet you could find it on her site.
  • servingthealiens
    servingthealiens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I just searched over there, and there were a LOT of results for ICBINB. Maybe I'll have a look when I have more time.
  • mirenner
    mirenner Posts: 205
    Options
    the serving sprays on the back relates to the '0 calories' but once you get beyond that, the calories start kicking in, im not sure what the ratio is, but there may be a way to find out...

i know someone who used to take the spray top off and pour it on their vegetables... hehe, it just doesn't work that way
  • vickthedick
    vickthedick Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yes, 25 sprays has 20 calories and I believe 2 grams of fat

i too used to be rather heavy handed in my application and now I have all but cut it out as it is an undercover saboteur
  • servingthealiens
    servingthealiens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'll still take 20 calories as opposed to the 100-200 I could easily use of butter.