Drive. Drive really fast. :P Thats creepy as hell XD
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just wow.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I met the nicest boy like this once. We dated a few months, but it didn't last. I really felt like he was suffocating me, so one day, when he left the basement window open, I escaped. It was for the best.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I always pick women up at the stoplight. You wouldn't believe how many complete strangers (married or not) are up for a really quick pre-work hookup. Maybe they like knowing they don't have to feel guilty because they probably won't ever see me again.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    That happened to me once. I didn't roll down my window, just stared ahead as if I hadn't even noticed. That's what you are supposed to do with a serial killer right? Anyways, he persisted and actually got out of his car and knocked on my window at a stop light. Turns out it was something wrong with my car. My gas cap was off. :/
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    This particular scenario may be bit unusual, but it's really not materially different than a guy going out of his way any other time to introduce himself to an attractive woman.

That is, of course, provided the conversation ended there.
  • piratesluver
    piratesluver Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling romantic comedies give off this "Cute Story of How We First Met" impulse so many people try to do pick-up in as 'cute' of way as possible. Sometimes, it is not received in the way they intended.

Just my two cents!
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I like being told how pretty I am as much as the next girl, but this was a little weird even for my taste...

This morning I was driving to work (on the highway) and noticed about 5 miles before my exit that a BMW was following me pretty closely. As I got off at the exit for my work, I saw him change lanes to exit at the same time. I didn't think anything of it until he pulled up at a light next tom e and motioned for me to roll down my window.

I thought there was something wrong with my car, so I complied. As soon as I rolled down the window, I realized I had made a mistake. What ensued was one of the most awkward conversations I've ever had:

Him: I think you're really pretty.
    Me: Thank you.
    Him: I like your sunglasses.
    Me: *willing the light to change* Thanks.
    Him: Do you live around here?
    Me: Nope. I work here.

At this point he was getting his phone out, I assume to try and get my number.

Him: Sooo... you're really pretty and...
    Me: Thanks so much! Have a great day! *rolls up window*

It's not that this guy was unattractive. He seemed nice enough, well spoken, decent looking...but the idea that he could just pull up in the car next to me and start chatting me up about where I live/work and how pretty I am was just too weird for my taste (not to mention I'm married).

Just thought I'd share. Funny way to start a Monday anyway.

women do this frequently, isn't it equally creepy?
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I met the nicest boy like this once. We dated a few months, but it didn't last. I really felt like he was suffocating me, so one day, when he left the basement window open, I escaped. It was for the best.

I see what you did there... ;)
  • JBfoodforlife
    JBfoodforlife Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    Some men, no matter how good their intentions may be, just come across as creepy... Of course I would say if he continued to follow you after it was clear he was being rebutted, that is the time for a 911 call... Better safe than sorry... :)
    Have I ever pulled up to a traffic light and saw an absolutely beautiful woman next to me? Definitely... Will I tell her she is beautiful? All depends on her body language... If she looks and smiles, she will get a smile back and a huge compliment... From there the conversation is in her court and she decides if it continues or not... Now on the other hand if she looks and has a scowl of annoyance... Well, she will still get a smile, but she wont get the compliment... Reading body language is the most important thing you can learn... It can be a life saver to some...
  • crohnsfighter
    crohnsfighter Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    He should have just got right to the point... "I have candy/nutella/starbucks in my car! Come and get it!"
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I like your sunglasses, OP.
  • Tiki1978
    Tiki1978 Posts: 364
    Options
    IMO this world would be dull without weirdos, lol
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    That's absolutely horrifying. I don't drive yet but I have been followed on several occasions in a similar manner. I really don't think some guys know or care how predatory it looks to follow some complete stranger to get a date/digits. It's one of the reasons I wish it was legal to carry some kind of self defense weapon here in the UK.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    women do this frequently, isn't it equally creepy?

I'm thinking you know some odd people ...
  • Swilla_Swole
    Swilla_Swole Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    WARNING ALTERNATIVE OPINION!!!!

Was what he did weird? Probably. But, you have to give the guy some credit for going out of his way to take a chance. It's the effort that I applaud. Perhaps he was a hopeless romantic in search of his fair lady.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Decades ago, this used ot be much more common, but then people kind of figured out it didn't always end well.
    Does not mean this guy is weirdo.
    If you see him again, consider meeting him in a public place like a bar with friends of yours and don't leave with him for like two months.
  • wfrazjr
    wfrazjr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    HMMM, HMMM, HMMM, nice work form him but bad timing. He saw something that he liked and was going after it. I wonder what he will do next.
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I was chatted up in a restaurant when I was 9 months pregnant. Now that was extremely creepy.