Yesterday was a bad day (food)....

Options
2»

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    a crazy day is necessary every once in a while - it's good for the soul and it helps jump start your metabolism so you can have major gains afterwards.
  • bunnypanther
    bunnypanther Posts: 110
    Options
    I was a piggy yesterday and Saturday involved a fair bit of wine!! Was a tad over maintainance I believe both days so I'm having a fast day today.

Am doing good, 2 cups of tea and a cuppa soup at lunch and lots of green tea and water, especially as someone bought us cakes and chocs at work (I hid them in the fridge) but I am looking forward to my dinner enormously!!!
  • donnarogers6211
    donnarogers6211 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day. Just get back on board. You are doing great
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    My son and his GF took me for sushi I had one glass of wine, Lobster Dragon Roll and Edamame.

I didnt want to go out for dinner so my husband took me for ice cream cone ( I had the kiddie cone) then I picked up a personal deep dish pizza w/ extra tomato sauce from Lou Malnatis (Chicago restaraurant) and I washed it down with an entire bottle of Vueve Cliquot Champagne.

I felt not one ounce of guilt!!!! LOL!

Oh and I didnt log any of it! Now what!!! LOL!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It was great because it was mothers day and I got to spend it with my wonderful children, mother, father, and inlaws. I will start off by that =)

But Here is my day. Hubby asked what I wanted for breakfast (not knowing we were going out for dinner) I told him I wanted the south west bagel sandwich I like from Einstein Bagels. So he made it for me ..280 cal. Lunch he took me to Ruby Tuesday. I had a bowl of the chicken tortilla soup with no chips ( I think it was 8 oz). Then I had the salad bar. Which I did very healthy. So mother in law calls and invites us to Olive Garden and kids are begging to go lol. We go , have not been there in months!

I got the spaghetti in meat sauce and had 1 bread stick. Pasta was 720 cal bread stick was 140. Stick ok in cal for the day but more than my normal. I made MIL a banana cake for Mothers Day and she gave me a SMALL piece. Havnt had cake in FOREVER! And it was small!!! So I ate it. Came home and did the nutrition in it...515 cal!!! OH MY LORD I was over! I tried to go walking, only did two laps but I was so sick from the food. I guess I am not used to eating like that anymore.

Now today...I just feel awful. I have had such a good streak and I washed it away yesterday.

So how was your day?

Awful mentally or physically?

Just log it and move on. If it's physical, take some Tums; you'll feel better tomorrow. If mentally, just move on. One high calorie day won't ruin your progress.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Here, to make you feel better. This is what I ate this weekend:

Saturday
    -Breakfast at IHOP (French toast with regular syrup, two scrambled eggs with cheese, hashbrowns, and a vanilla iced coffee)
    -Dinner at Outback (Between 1/3 and 1/2 of a Bloomin' Onion, a piece of bread, half of a side Caesar salad, 6 oz steak, sweet potato with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon, and about 1/3 of a Chocolate Thunder from Down Under dessert)
    -Snack (two Blow Pops)

Sunday
    -Breakfast (Quest bar)
    -Lunch at Bellacinos (half pizza grinder with Parmesan sprinkled on top and a side of fries with ketchup)
    -Snack at Walmart (a sample with a sliced strawberry and about 1 T of that new Jif chocolate spread)
    -Dinner at McDonalds (double quarter pounder with cheese and a medium fry)
    -Dessert (a big Oreo milkshake)

Now that's what I call a "fat weekend," and it was awesome. It ended up being about 4000 calories on Saturday and 3500 calories on Sunday, though that's just an estimation since I didn't weigh/measure anything. My weekend intake is always higher than weekdays because I save my exercise calories for Saturday and Sunday, but I only go crazy like this one weekend every 1-2 months. Average over the week was around maintenance, so I don't expect to see a loss or a gain this week. It was so totally worth it, but still easy to get back on track today. :)

And no, I absolutely have no plans to "make up" for it by fasting to dropping my intake this week. Business as usual.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    You had a cheat day in other words. Really one day isn't the make or break for any of us, and you need not feel guilty. you enjoyed the day and now you move forward with your plan. Even a really excessive day isn't likely to be that bad in the greater scheme of things. Look at your week overall shave a bit here and there and bring the week on track