Knee injury?

T0RIEELIZABETH
T0RIEELIZABETH Posts: 376
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I want to start working out, I bought a wii and I have wii active and a fit board, but I have a bad knee injury and I'm starting physical therapy soon. Any workouts you guys suggest that I can do without putting stress on my knee?

Replies

• Aquafit! Okay, normally you think of old ladies doing it, but that's definitely not the case. The reason its so popular with them is because exercising in the water is good for your joints... they don't take as much impact in water as they do on land. And if you're thinking its weird exercising in a bathing suit, its so not. You're under the water and its fun!

I used to teach it, and it can be a really great, fun workout with some great upbeat music. You get exhausted just teaching the class because you have to be talking to the class and demonstrating the whole time. Its usually not too pricey or busy if you plan to drop in on one. And if you're looking for a younger crowd, check out a University or college pool. If you do go, mention your injury to the instructor and they make have some alternate activities or specialized activities for you. There are a lot of options difficulty and workout-wise in aquafit. It can pretty much be tailored to the individual.

If you were looking for a Wii workout, sorry I haven't helped you... but seriously aquafit or working out in the water!

Good Luck!
  • Thanks! I wil definitely look into that, though I would have to buy a bathing suit.

I wasnt necessarily looking for wii workouts, really just looking for anything that can help me at this point!
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    You can do Wii Boxing while seated.
This discussion has been closed.