Breaking my "long journey" in weight loss up into pieces

Options
I've got realistically about 70 lbs I need to lose. I had a baby nine months ago but I STILL look nine months pregnant! I'm 34 years old and I have a long haul to go and am going to break it up into mini goals 20 at a time.
I'm looking for friends that are around my age range that have a long way to go too so they can help keep me motivated. I'm new to this website in the sense of I've never utilized the boards/blogs/community until now. So not sure how to add friends so "friend me" if you are someone who wants to pair up, give tips, suggestions, advice, helpful ways to do things differently this year to get to a healthier weight.

THanks!

Replies

• thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! You will get the hang of everything and will love it here. This is my second day and it is wonderful knowing there are such great people out there offering support and understanding plus helpful tips....I will add you!! Best of luck to you:)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar position. I've got two kids, my daughter is 2 and my son is 8 months. I've got about 55 pounds total to lose, I'm 9 pounds in. I'm breaking my weight loss up for a different reason though, I'm planning on getting pregnant again (hoping for twins!) in about three months! So I've got that long to hopefully lose another 16 pounds to meet my 25 pound goal.

I'm happy to send you a friend request, and I'll give as much motivation and support as I can!
  • anikkim0915
    anikkim0915 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am in the very same position as you. I need to lose 70 lbs... but that is overwhelming all at once. So I make mini goals for myself. 5 lbs at a time....slow and steady wins the race...
  • angel2296
    angel2296 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am at about the same place you are also! It is nice to know that I am not alone in this journey. I want to lose about 85 pounds....gonna have to break that up to not get discouraged! I have only been on this site for 2 days....not sure how to do everything yet! We can learn together!!
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    I've got a long way to go too :blushing:

60 lbs to go!

My goals are 30lbs lost by June 1st (for a total weight loss 70)
    another 30lbs by my next birthday Oct 30th (for my total weight loss goal of 100)

ADD ME. I'm kinda crazy. Swear a lot. But I'm super OCD about MFP! :huh: