Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Getting REALLY sick after eating meat.

2»

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    First of all, being a vegetarian is way more healthy than eating red meat. Red meat is very bad for you. People don't realize that if a cow has cancer, and you eat it, you can get that cancer too. And people wonder why cancer is on the rise. Meat even has dangerous antibiotics in it and tons of nasty hormones and crap. Stay veggie. As for your relatives on your back, you need to understand that you are grown and can do what you want, and it's none of their damn business. Don't be weak. If they can't respect you then don't go over there. Just because they are your family does not mean you have to visit. All you need is YOU. You came to this world alone and you leave it alone. This is just borrowed time.

Okay, this is funny.

But I'd say you should get a better hobby than reviving old threads.

They probably did the thing people complain about others not doing, and used the search function.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    In 2009 I had gastritis and a stomach ulcer. I went to a family doctor and he gave me nexium. It healed the ulcer. I have never had problems prior too. Ever since then my stomach has been worse. So I have been seeing a gastroenterologist and he told me that I have Gerd and IBS. I am sick ALL the time. I got so used to this that I just been dealing with it for the past 5 years.

Finally 2 months ago I went back to the doctor. My blood work came back fine, but this time around they told me to stop eating red meat. I eat red meat like every day or every other day. I never thought of that as being my problem. Well I did what the doc told me to and stopped eating it. I have to say I have felt a lot better. I some times give up all meat and go vegetarian on days. Now I am just eating chicken and turkey.

I had 2 steaks last week cause I gave in to temptation and I have been sick. Red meat is not always good for every one. Apparently red meat is not good for you and you should not be eating it, if you feel that sick when you do. If they care about your well being then they should get food options for you. Also it is you who puts it in your mouth. If you get so sick then why would you even bother eating it. Find something else to eat or spend your money and get something if they will not. It is your health.I can be any where I want even at home. If there is red meat, I do not eat it. If there is no other meat then I just eat a bunch of sides.
  • janellevaught
    janellevaught Posts: 428 Member
    I was vegetarian all of last year and vegan as January 1st of this year. Every once in awhile I slip and eat meat or cheese (mainly when I don't plan and have to do fast food for lunch). It doesn't happen often, but when it does I always feel so sick to my tummy. My body just isn't used to that kind of food anymore. However, from what I can remember when I did eat meat and dairy in the past (when I wasn't vegetarian or vegan) it made me sick to my stomach back then too. I just don't digest it very well. I know on the dairy it is because of being lactose intolerant though.