Weighted walking vest for weight loss??

Options
I am looking into buying a weighted vest for my walks/runs. I have no idea what would be a good one to buy. The prices are all over the board. Has anyone out here used one, has one, could shed a little light on the subject and give some feed back? I would love to get a few opinions of real users before I make the mistake and buy the one everyone hates!! *which I have totally done before!!!
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I have not used one for weight loss specifically but I did recently buy my BF one off Amazon because the overall reviews were very high. He seems happy with it. It was less then $100. This is the one I purchased http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002P60ZZC/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • meghanw22
    meghanw22 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link. I will check it out now!!! ;)
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Getting fatter does the same thing for free FYI
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit does the job for free...
  • meghanw22
    meghanw22 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • StevensMother
    Options
    I've tried those wrap-around velcro weight wraps in 2 and 5 pound ranges. Available almost anywhere, and inexpensive. Snug in around your wrists and ankles and off you go. They accomplish what you're hoping as well as toning your limbs.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    A backpack filled with sandbags or water bottles should do the same trick but a lot cheaper :smokin:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I've tried those wrap-around velcro weight wraps in 2 and 5 pound ranges. Available almost anywhere, and inexpensive. Snug in around your wrists and ankles and off you go. They accomplish what you're hoping as well as toning your limbs.
    Those are actually horrible for you. Although, they're pretty good for injuring your limbs, if that's what you're going for. Not anything at all like a vest, where the weight is centered over your body.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I bought a MiR women's weighted vest a few years ago. I've hardly used it. It was a little too big, and didn't arrive in perfect condition, which, considering the $100+ price, angered me.

http://www.mirweightedvest.com/women-weighted-vest.html