Getting in Shape for My Wedding!

Options
Hello All,

My name is Marlene and I am one year away from my wedding. One month ago my fiance and I made the decision to adopt a vegetarian life style. Needless to say, it was one of the best decisions of my life! I have seen not only physical improvement, but emotional improvement as well. My goal is to lose 70lbs by June 27,2015(my wedding day). It is defiantly an achievable goal.

Cooper

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Why would you be defiant about it?

Ahhh
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for some support, feel free to add me. I'm also trying to lose weight (100+) for a wedding, although I had to push mine out to 2016 in order to give me enough time to lose weight. I've been a vegetarian since 7th grade, but am obviously looking to eat cleaner.

To motivate me, I went ahead and bought a white prom dress from Macy's (but you'd never know it wasn't a wedding dress) in a size 13. It was like $50 and has been a great motivator so far. I keep it hung up on the bedroom door looking out into my living room so when I don't feel like exercising the dress is staring me right in the face reminding me of what I need to do and why.
  • Linavox
    Linavox Posts: 2
    Options
    I will add you. Together we will reach our goals!
  • aubreybear
    aubreybear Posts: 10
    Options
    Marlene! Welcome. You are me about a year ago. I am getting married next month. Starting last June, I set a goal of losing 35 lbs (have since pushed my goal to 40 lbs) before my wedding. I am one month away and about 9 lbs short. Even if I don't make it the last 9, the other 31 lbs were totally worth it!!! You can so do it!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

My name is Marlene and I am one year away from my wedding. One month ago my fiance and I made the decision to adopt a vegetarian life style. Needless to say, it was one of the best decisions of my life! I have seen not only physical improvement, but emotional improvement as well. My goal is to lose 70lbs by June 27,2015(my wedding day). It is defiantly an achievable goal.

Cooper

Odd choice of words...Why is that "needless" to say? Plenty of people lose weight (like myself) and are at top notch fitness (I'm getting there) all while eating meat and animal products. If you adopted vegetarianism for medical or ethical reasons, fine, but I don't think it's an "obvious" thing you need to do to lose weight and get fit.
  • linzbarker
    linzbarker Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm getting married in 5 months and have 15lbs to lose before then, and I've been a vegetarian for over 3 years now.
  • DaniKaren
    DaniKaren Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in July of 2015. I started off strong, but I've plateaued in the last several months.

I don't call myself a vegetarian because I occasionally eat seafood, but I eat very little meat. I'd love to recipe swap.

Feel free to add me.
  • DevSanchez
    DevSanchez Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Getting married October 2015. Looking to lose 100lbs before then.
  • Shawnuhhbauss
    Shawnuhhbauss Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Getting married in September of 2015! Looking to lose 30lbs, and tone tone tone! Please feel free to add me and give any advice!