Do you ever feel...

Options
WanderingPomme
WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
like a plastic bag drifting through the wind, wanting to start again?LOL ok no, seriously...

Do you ever feel ike you're in your own music video whenever you put your headphones on and listen to music?

I was taking a stroll earlier, had music and headphones on... I was reflecting, enjoying the music, singing along softly and people were giving me odd looks :huh:... then one of my earphones dropped and I realized I was NOT singing along softly at all. :laugh:

Whenever I run and I have a fast song on, I get the urge to dance on the street. LOL I just bop my head a little or look around to make sure no ones there and shake my thang! :drinker:

Replies

• embrace_the_dark_side
    Options
    tumblr_lta5dmff8M1r4ghkoo1_500.gif
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    The other morning, I was cresting a hill during my run and a bit of 'Epic' music (think powerful instrumental sort of music) started playing from my random playlist. The sun had just started to rise over the horizon and the sky was orange purple. I felt like something more exciting than my starting to walk down a hill should be going on.

Note: I walk down steep hills on runs because I'm overly worried about joint issues that I don't even have.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Kind of! lol When I'm listening to a good song, I just want to dance, but I refrain myself :laugh:
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I stopped in the middle of a walk to dance a fertility dance to "Come Baby Come" for a friend back in the states. I didn't care who saw me mostly because I was on vacation at the time.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I do stuff like that all the time. When my teenage boys are out with me, I tend to do even more stuff like that, because they hate it.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    mjq26q.jpg
  • WanderingPomme
    Options
    Happy to know I'm not the only silly one! :laugh:
  • dontdreamit
    dontdreamit Posts: 223
    Options
    Omg, yes! In high school I used to walk home listening to music and would sometimes sing 'quietly' to myself. Then one time this kid who always walked the same way as me, came up to me and was like "do you realize you sing really loudly when you're walking home?" haha, I was so embarrassed!
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Ain't nobody got time for that!
  • grim_streaker
    grim_streaker Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    of course :P
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Everytime I've got to make an entrance I subtly hear the first notes from Marilyn Manson's "Tainted Love" playing in my head.
  • WanderingPomme
    Options
    Omg, yes! In high school I used to walk home listening to music and would sometimes sing 'quietly' to myself. Then one time this kid who always walked the same way as me, came up to me and was like "do you realize you sing really loudly when you're walking home?" haha, I was so embarrassed!

LOL!!! Pffft, don't be!! I bet that kid was secretly entertained!! :laugh:
    Everytime I've got to make an entrance I subtly hear the first notes from Marilyn Manson's "Tainted Love" playing in my head.

That's awesome. Now you've got me listening to it!! Lol
  • TrolleyRide
    TrolleyRide Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    No

My shrink says I should talk about it, but it never seems to help much. I think I am like Dexter sometimes with no feelings at all, and I know it isn't normal but it is what makes me special.
  • love_faithfulness
    Options
    Yes. Also when I wear sunglasses I feel like there is some kind of shield between me and the outside world and I do some weird stuff. I always have to remind myself not to lose my inhibtions whenever I wear shades.
  • jacques57
    jacques57 Posts: 2,129 Member
    Options
    I have been known to spontaneously "bust a move" when the tunes in my home or headphones or in the car or in the mall hit that "I cant hep myseff" riff.
  • bornofthorns
    bornofthorns Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Especially during runs. However, this often back fires because I starting outrunning my own pace and end up dead after 3 minutes of epic running. :grumble: :sick: