ANyone ever decide to just quit weighing in and...

Options
cvcman
cvcman Posts: 438 Member
go by how their clothes fit ? I usually weigh every Thursday...I seem to pretty much eat the same things or types of things every day/week...I workout every day of the week...at least 45 mins to an hour of cardio....my weight seems to always be the same...sometimes if i have eaten alot of sodium the day before its up but then back down...

Im tempted to bag the scale

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    if your in a regular routine like that then i see no reason not too

clothes may not be the best indicator though, especially for men since there tends to be alot of extra room to grow before they get tight
  • cvcman
    Options
    yea I would think I could tell if the inches were going in the wrong direction...maybe :)
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Totally subjective and based on what you find satisfying. Do you need to know your weight in order to get healthy and fit? No, of course not. That said personally I love my data and weighing in daily helps keep me motivated...its not like I actually think my scale weight is that important but its part of a routine that keeps me focused on my goals.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Get rid of it.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    I go on clothes fit sometimes, but have got to the point now where I don't want to underfeed my hard earned muscle, so like to count to keep control of that.

Don't want to go back to the skinny fat days again.

If you're a young guy it may be different but I wouldn't do it if you are an emotional eater like me.
  • meltedsno
    meltedsno Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    ...weighed once since July 1, 2013 --- only because I needed a pre op checkup... that was done at the end of November. I had dropped 52 pounds by then.... haven't weighed since... not sure if I am at my "goal weight" since I don't really have a "goal weight"... but I am wearing a size 6--- started out at a very tight size 18/20.... probably won't weigh again until I have to go to the doctor and they make me.

Best thing I ever did was ditch that damn scale.
  • cvcman
    Options
    im 55.....5'8" all or maybe 5'7" I weigh 139/140......I bike / run everyday.....
  • Maeleemooka
    Maeleemooka Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats! I feel the same way! I never weigh. Clothes tell the tale for me.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    For maintenance , you do not need a scale. If your pants fits the same year after year, who cares what is the number on the scale.
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Totally subjective and based on what you find satisfying. Do you need to know your weight in order to get healthy and fit? No, of course not. That said personally I love my data and weighing in daily helps keep me motivated...its not like I actually think my scale weight is that important but its part of a routine that keeps me focused on my goals.

No, I wil not quit my scale! I got fat by pretending the scale was unimportant and my enemy. Now I see it as my friend who tells me, "You need to eat a little less and exercise a little more", or "You are doing fine, keep at it!"
  • BancroftLady
    BancroftLady Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Funny you posted this, I have just decided to do this :) I gave a friend my scale to hang onto for a while.. I am stressing out over it and am getting discouraged very easily so am trying a different approach .. we will see how it goes..