Thank You Those Who Share Food They Enter

Options
I just really want to thank those people who take the effort to enter foods they've eaten properly and then generously share them with everyone on MFP. It's a huge (WONDERFUL) change from WW online where after most meals I had to carry an armful of food down to the computer and enter it all.

Replies

• AmieCrawford
    AmieCrawford Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree!! Also, I love it when my friends share their diaries, it helps to seem that I am not the only on indulging when my calories allow.
  • Nurse_Christy
    Nurse_Christy Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Isn't it great? I just entered a food for the first time, but usually everything I eat is already there, and it makes it so much easier to log my foods. I don't really have time to key in every single thing I eat, so it keeps me accurate! People obviously put a lot of time into entering foods, and I appreciate the sharing!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    agreed thanks to all who share. I've only had to input one or two things in the 6 weeks I've been doing this regularly. :)
    Atta girls and boys.
  • nickeymhughes
    nickeymhughes Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    :smile: I agree.......................A great big THANK YOU!!!! :laugh:
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    I find it very helpful to know that people can see it.. keeps me honest and on track.
  • irelandbound
    Options
    I agree 110%!!

Letting others see what you are eating will definitely help hold yourself accountable for what you consume. I love sharing...so eye-opening for me and my 'teammates'.

Here's to a healthier year for all of us!
  • ladysvs
    ladysvs Posts: 61
    Options
    I agree! It does take a lot of work to enter foods in. A lot of things in Canada I've had to enter into the database & am so thankful to all the others who help in this too!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    You're welcome.
    Just keep in mind that the foods that are loaded by members have the * in front of the food.
    The foods that the website admin entered don't have that and are more accurate than the foods entered by the members. (example is anything that is home made, you're usually good with name brand foods)
    So, for fruit, nuts, veggies, proteins, anything basic, you really want to try to use the food that the website has loaded.
    Good luck to all of you newbies!
    Steph
  • norriedawn
    norriedawn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed that the foods in Canada have higher calories and don't have the potassium listed? I can understand differences in labeling requirements between Canada and the U.S. but it's strange that the same product would have different calories. I guess maybe they're manufactured differently?

I've found it really helpful when people have entered (Canada) behind the product they've listed when there are these differences.:smile:
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    Agree, the huge database is the main reason I have been able to stick with this. Didn't know about the asterisk! Glad to know that and I do make an effort to correct things I find that are wrong when comparing labels.