making your own recipes

Options
Just a quick query - if we make our own recipes - say a nut bar is there a way we can put it in a database for ourselves?:smile:

Replies

• JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!
    Under "Food" use the search function to look for nut bars in the database.
    At the bottom of the screen will be an option that says: "Can't find what you're looking for? Add a food to the database."
  • MariainSydney
    MariainSydney Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that Jen - I thought that you could only enter commercially products that could be searched in that section.
    I have just entered a nut bar I make regularly which I use for snacks so it is great to be able to put my own ingredients in and click them in as used. Really appreciate your reply
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    You want the recipes tab. Go to Food, Recipes, and then Enter New Recipe. Put in all your ingredients and portions, choose a number of servings, name the recipe and you're done! It will be saved, and you can choose whether or not to share it in the databse (I never do - I figure my recipes won't be just like anyone elses), and then add your serving to whichever meal you want.

It's a great tool - I've add a ton of recipes over the past couple of years, and they are fairly easy to edit if I change an ingredient or portion - just delete the changed ingredient and add the new one and save the recipe again.
  • MariainSydney
    MariainSydney Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much AmyRhubarb for the extra input - it does help when you are short on time and haven't used this site before . I really appreciate your information which I have used a few times now.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Just a tip, on the recipe tab you might want to click the "Enter New Recipe" tab on the lower right - it says something about the "old recipe builder". They have just upgraded and the new recipe builder is glitchy as all get-out. Hardly anything in the database shows up in searches. The old one is cumbersome, but at least you can find the ingredients you want!