Very Concerned! !!!!!!!

Options
Finally calculated my TDEE and decided on my macros goals.... I bumped up from 1500 to 1800 for a calorie goal (my macros calculations came out to roughly 1721 calories a day since my macros break down to 10% carb, 60% protein, 30% fat). But now MFP says ill only be losing 0.2 lbs per week.... i was a bit nervous about this change before but now im super freaked that I won't see the same progress I was when eating 1500....Thoughts? Advice? Words of wisdom?

Replies

• Loralrose
    Loralrose Posts: 203
    Options
    MFP doesn't include exercise calories in its calculations. Basically, it doesn't project weight loss based on TDEE. Doesn't mean your calculations are wrong! It's just that MFP assumes you're doing something different, so what it predicts for weight loss may not be accurate for your method.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Try it for a month....see ow much you are losing, adjust based on results
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Have you upped your protein as well? Increasing protein intake will cause a stall on the scale for a few weeks. It doesn't mean that you are not losing fat. Protein takes much longer to digest than other types of food. It stays in your system longer. This will cause the scale to flat line or maybe even bump up a bit. Don't panic. After a few weeks your system adjust and it all comes off.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Finally calculated my TDEE and decided on my macros goals.... I bumped up from 1500 to 1800 for a calorie goal (my macros calculations came out to roughly 1721 calories a day since my macros break down to 10% carb, 60% protein, 30% fat). But now MFP says ill only be losing 0.2 lbs per week.... i was a bit nervous about this change before but now im super freaked that I won't see the same progress I was when eating 1500....Thoughts? Advice? Words of wisdom?

Do you exercise at all? If so MFP is unaware of this and not including that in its calculation, something that you presumably did account for in your TDEE calculation.