NSV: Loving yourself NOW

Options
NSV: before reading I just want to say I am not fishing for compliments, I just want to share my experience.

So I never really thought I was pretty. Never really got attention from the opposite sex so bluntly like most of the women I see. So I was driving to work this morning and I was at a stop light. I looked over to my left and there was a very attractive man staring at me. My first thought was "omg why is he staring, he must think I am ugly" but then he broke out into this huge smile which made me smile even bigger and then he told me I am a very beautiful woman.(OMG!) As he drove away I realized that maybe I was wrong. No matter how much I weigh, having confidence in myself is so important. A guy doesn't want someone who doubts themselves all the time. They want a strong, confident woman who gives a **** about herself. This was a real eye opener and it just put me on the path of loving myself more. I hope me sharing this story can motivate others to love themselves now ... don't wait because even if you lose weight, you still have to deal with the negative stigma you might have of yourself. Thanks and god bless.

Replies

• Domineer
    Domineer Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Feeling appreciated and receiving compliments are my love language as well. It just makes the soul feel better. Are you a virgo?
  • BrownEyedBetty
    BrownEyedBetty Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Lol no , I am a Scorpio
  • Gabillysmommy
    Options
    Good for you!! Confidence is very important!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Great post!! You are beautiful, and I'm glad you're beginning to see it, too!!!

confidence is one of the sexiest things a person can have.
  • ritteea
    ritteea Posts: 6
    Options
    It always feels so good to be loved and appreciated...im happy for you.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant, good on you for finding some confidence!
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    LOL I remember the first time I had a similar experience, immediately I was like what is this guy staring at?! The old line is....confidence is sexy.

Congratulations to you for becoming a stronger more confident you.