Seriously???

Options
God bless the ladies of my church. As their pastor they have seen me shrink over the last 9 months, and they have been so sweet to compliment me often and sometimes tell me i have lost either too much or enough weight (BMI says different though). They are such an encouragement...but when they leave food on my desk, not so sure! This morning, some sore of homemade breakfast sausage roll on one plate and then home made jelly and some figs on the other. Seriously?
Got to love them though!

Replies

• michelletr
    michelletr Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    it is sweet of them :)

my hubby always buys me chocolates or takes me out to dinner....it's like do u not realize i am trying to lose weight? lol
  • katland15
    Options
    I have the same situation in my office! You almost feel bad by not trying what they make, but it feels worse to eat something that will set you back .... I tend to rely on humor to get through most things, so I made a sign that says "Please Don't Feed the Animals" and hung it on the wall by my desk! It worked....they don't tempt me any more, AND they make me accountable....I have to be seen making good choices if I'm gonna put it out there like that!!!!!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Lol one thing I have noticed is that often people in the body do not take care of their bodies. We know its the temple of the holy spirit but fill it with junk. But anyway congrats on the lost lbs
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You KNOW to us women in the south- food is love! Feeding the ones we love is the way we show we care, respect, etc! It is a wonderful thing. You just have to be strong enough to say thank you but no thank you. You don;t have to tell them you aren't going too partake of their kindness. Maybe bring a cooler or "cold bag to work" and put the food in that- you can then decide what to do with it- bring it home- give it to someone you might know etc.

You are doing great! Hang in there! I am sure your wife and kids are really proud of you too!
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    On the show 'You are what you eat', the pastor there had the same problem. Until the ladies were asked to try out good for you recipes. Then they all got on the band wagon. Make it a contest or something.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome that you're a pastor! I had no idea. lol You must be a good example of treating your body like a temple. :) The food offering tests my patience, though. I feel for you!!!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Yeah, i know it was done out of love. I ate one sausage roll, the smallest of the three and a couple of figs and then moved the plate. I'll register those calories the best i can and i figure i'll burn them off later at the gym!
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Very nice of them and I totally understand the 'feeding those you love'. LOL. I love the idea of the sign and the contest to make the healthiest recipies? And also want to congratulate you on the weight loss.
  • brigbug
    brigbug Posts: 34
    Options
    I am very proud of him! He's really doing great!!