help! herbalife

Options
I'm new to herbalife and would love some good advise

Replies

• EolAcalia
    EolAcalia Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Throw it in the bin, and start a diet that actually works?
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but it would be my opinion that you try to find a healthy eating style that you can maintain for the rest of your life. I've seen so many people do herbalife and lose weight but as soon as they stop they put all the weight back on. I can't speak for the nutritional value of herbalife, but I have heard its very CO$TLY!

Good luck..
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Stop buying herbalife and learn how nutrition works.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I would advice you to stop doing it!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    stop now
    save your money
    use MFP to create a calorie deficit for free
    get a food scale too and weight, log, and measure everything.
  • MissMissle
    MissMissle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Im not familiar with Herbalife but I did do Advocare which I heard is similar. Feel free to add me if you like and maybe I can help. What are you looking for?

Im not sure if its the same but the program I did teaches you to eat healthy for the rest of your life.... its not a "fad diet' that many people on here will be quick to assume and tell you to throw it away. I also spent a decent invenstment doing something Im sure i could have done on my own, for just the cost of food, to lose weight but I didnt know how - the program laid it out for me, gave me a kick in the *kitten*, and the financial strain was actually my main motivation to stick through it. I may not be super sucessful, Ive only lost 14 pounds in three months...but Im trying, and I know I would never be where I am, and would have never even considered joining MFP, if I hadn't tried the program first!

Any positive change to your life should be rewarded with positive praise, not nasty comments. So good for you for taking a step in the right direction. Utilize MFP for what it is - it's an awesome tool for calorie tracking and learning what your body needs.
  • Folositor1
    Folositor1 Posts: 1
    Options
    diet and exercise - the magic pill
    you get out what you put it - quality first, and commit for life.
    Blessings to you!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    For the most part Herbal life's plan includes a healthy well balanced diet without a lot of processed foods...this you can do without spending extra money on their magic products :indifferent:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Im not familiar with Herbalife but I did do Advocare which I heard is similar. Feel free to add me if you like and maybe I can help. What are you looking for?

Im not sure if its the same but the program I did teaches you to eat healthy for the rest of your life.... its not a "fad diet' that many people on here will be quick to assume and tell you to throw it away. I also spent a decent invenstment doing something Im sure i could have done on my own, for just the cost of food, to lose weight but I didnt know how - the program laid it out for me, gave me a kick in the *kitten*, and the financial strain was actually my main motivation to stick through it. I may not be super sucessful, Ive only lost 14 pounds in three months...but Im trying, and I know I would never be where I am, and would have never even considered joining MFP, if I hadn't tried the program first!

Any positive change to your life should be rewarded with positive praise, not nasty comments. So good for you for taking a step in the right direction. Utilize MFP for what it is - it's an awesome tool for calorie tracking and learning what your body needs.
    help how?
  • JeniSue28
    JeniSue28 Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Okay, Since everyone else is being kind of mean, but they are not wrong....

Herbalife is okay if used correctly. Now the Herbalife coaches will tell you that you have to strictly follow their program, but remember they are trying to get you to buy as much product as possible, that is how they make their money.

That being said, Herbalife can work if you use it occasionally or even daily as a quick substitute for a meal. Their Health Meal protein powder does have a good amount of nutrients. But it works, because it is helping to create a calorie deficient.

But, now this is where the other posters are correct, the best way to sustain long term success is to learn to eat healthy and balanced. Otherwise, if you stop Herbalife, you won't be equipped with the knowledge of portion sizes and could easily go over calories and gain the weight back.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    There is a search function under the community boards, I would suggest you search Herbalife and you will find all the info you need.
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Good advice? Stop Herbalife stat!
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Troll….3 posts all on 5/13 about Herbalife
  • Tigermum9
    Tigermum9 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I tried it once, on the backing of my doctors suggestion. I lost something like 12lbs in the first week but I was so miserable, I hated drinking the shakes (they didnt taste bad) just because I was rebelling against having normal foods taken away from me. I kept it up 2 weeks having lost 19lbs..then I started eating normal and within a month had gained 25lb on top of my starting weight. If you can keep it up then go for it but me personally couldnt.

I needed to change my eating habits, this may change the waist line but not my brain.

Good luck.
  • Miss_james1990
    Miss_james1990 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I use herbalife add me if you like :)
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Okay, Since everyone else is being kind of mean, but they are not wrong....

Herbalife is okay if used correctly. Now the Herbalife coaches will tell you that you have to strictly follow their program, but remember they are trying to get you to buy as much product as possible, that is how they make their money.

That being said, Herbalife can work if you use it occasionally or even daily as a quick substitute for a meal. Their Health Meal protein powder does have a good amount of nutrients. But it works, because it is helping to create a calorie deficient.

But, now this is where the other posters are correct, the best way to sustain long term success is to learn to eat healthy and balanced. Otherwise, if you stop Herbalife, you won't be equipped with the knowledge of portion sizes and could easily go over calories and gain the weight back.

Which means that unless you want to take Herbalife for well, life, you're going to have to learn about nutrition and proper portion control anyway. So you can take the longer, more expensive route (Herbalife), or you can take the shorter, less expensive route (education). Your choice, and good luck whatever you choose.
  • MissMissle
    MissMissle Posts: 293 Member
    Options

help how?

By offering advice?? Thats what she was asking for - I just don't know specifically what?
  • bfitnbfab
    bfitnbfab Posts: 79
    Options
    This will get shut down fairly quickly:
    3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.