Weight loss reward?

Options
Do you have rewards for when you reach your weight loss or fitness goals? If so, what are they?
I've decided to save $125 a month for new clothes so I'll have $500 in May (when I plan to finally be down to my goal weight) and I'm spending it all on new clothes! It gives me something to look forward to, especially since I've hated trying on clothes lately!

Replies

• elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    don't forget those accessories! enjoy!
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I do! Mine include pedicures, hair do's, date nights with my hubby, clothing, anything that pushes me to reach that goal!
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Only to play better golf and look better. That's plenty to me.
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I order some new glasses for my first 20 pounds I plan on holding them back in till I hit 25lb.
  • CelticDragon
    CelticDragon Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in rewarding myself for doing something that wouldn't need done if I'd been behaved in the first place.

My only reward is to die thinner and, hopefully, soon! I hope to reach my target weight before my next birthday and be dead before my fiftieth! :devil:
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    That sounds very responsible and encouraging for you!:) I did a short sassy hair cut when I got to a certain size. I always wanted it and didn't think I could pull it off, chubby. ;) I LOVE IT! My final goal reward is a stargazer lily tattoo! The flower stands for "ambition" which is what it is taking to get me there! It will always be there to remind me of my hard work and to not take myself for granted. :)
  • alyssa83202
    Options
    That sounds very responsible and encouraging for you!:) I did a short sassy hair cut when I got to a certain size. I always wanted it and didn't think I could pull it off, chubby. ;) I LOVE IT! My final goal reward is a stargazer lily tattoo! The flower stands for "ambition" which is what it is taking to get me there! It will always be there to remind me of my hard work and to not take myself for granted. :)
    That sounds really cool! I just keep reminding myself of how great it will feel to bring a size 2 or a small into the dressing room in 4 months and have it fit and it gives me a lot more motivation! I think rewards can be really good, especially when you know that you've worked really hard to earn them! :)
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Every 10 lbs I am treating myself to a day at a scandinavian spa and massage with a girlfriend. I hope to get there every 2 months or so.
    I also was given gift certificates at Christmas so have incorporated it in too.
    At 20lbs I will use a G.C to buy some new earrings or some piece of jewellry.
    At 40 lbs my husband said he will surprise me with something special.
    And at 60 lbs I will buy myself a leather coat. I have always wanted one but have too afraid to buy one because I would have to ask for the whole hide of the cow. I want to walk into a store and buy one off the rack and look fabulous!
  • ilovethemayhem
    Options
    I plan on buying myself something small like nail polish or a new mascara.

Anything but food!
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I've been rewarding myself along the way - each time I lose 10lbs I give myself a non food reward.

Mainly it has been fitness stuff - but as soon as I lose ONE MORE POUND - it's not happening as fast as I would like it to - a friend and I are treating ourselves to pedicures.

I think rewards along the way are great! Gives me something to look forward to.
  • sapphirelazuli
    Options
    I do! Mine's including dying my hair, getting a tattoo up my side, and getting a slinky dress - with no magic pants! :)
  • dani2608
    Options
    when I reach the halfway mark it will be an amazon kindle and when I reach my final goal I will be getting hair extensions. =)
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I did a pedicure for the 1st 20 pounds gone. I didn't do anything after that. My guy gave me an Amazon gift certificate for the 50 I have lost total (pre MFP included). He also got some department store gift cards for future use. I still have one size left in my closet, then I will need to go shopping....