IIFYM

Options
trmrgb
trmrgb Posts: 19 Member
I have a question for those of you that use the IIFYM tracking. How do you get MFP to the right settings? Or do you just know what your numbers are and don't pay attention if MFP says you have gone over? Maybe it is just a mental thing for me but seeing the red on my diary saying I went over plays mind games with me..... Just curious as I am thinking this would be a more realistic way for me to track and stay on track! Thank you in advance for any help!

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    you can set your diary with custom settings but you can only do it in 5% increments.

Go to Home > Goals > Change goals > custom

Mind you it changes if you log exercise calories...
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Go to goals, change goals, custom.

You will have to work out the % but that is easy. If your diet is say 1500 cals and you aim for 120 grams of protein, that puts your protein goal at 120*4/1500 = 32%, so you would set at 30 or 35% protein. Say your fat is 60 grams, that would be 60*9/1500 = 36%, so put 35%. So if you set protein to 30%, fat to 35%, the remaining would be carbs at 35%, then use the protein and fat as minimums and carbs as a maximum.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I personally don't - no settings, I leave it open and just know my macros / calories!
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I set them manually and don't log exercises as I calculate my TDEE and deficit using a different method.
  • trmrgb
    trmrgb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you all so much! I think I just won't log my exersice then either because if I researched this right, when using this method you DO NOT eat back your exersice calories as they are already figured in! Correct?
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you all so much! I think I just won't log my exersice then either because if I researched this right, when using this method you DO NOT eat back your exersice calories as they are already figured in! Correct?

You are correct. If you use the IIFYM method DO NOT eat your exercise calories back.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    http://karoshiethos.com/2013/08/13/javascript-bookmarklet-for-enhanced-macro-goals-in-myfitnesspal/

This will allow you to customize your goals in 1% increments or by grams.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

You are correct. If you use the IIFYM method DO NOT eat your exercise calories back.

IIFYM+knowing TDEE-x%...
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    http://karoshiethos.com/2013/08/13/javascript-bookmarklet-for-enhanced-macro-goals-in-myfitnesspal/

This will allow you to customize your goals in 1% increments or by grams.

THIS X2
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

If you want to log your exercise just to show you did it, you can enter it as one or two calories burned - that's what I do....