Share your tiny victories!

Options
2»

Replies

• Silver180
    Silver180 Posts: 294
    Options
    I bought fresh spinach for the first time in my life yesterday. I plan to add it to my diet regularly. For some reason, when I know something is GOOD for me, it's just more fun to eat! Odd, I know...

Also, I'm about 3 weeks cigarette free and plan to stay that way. Too many people have expressed their concern for my health, so that's a big motivation to quit.
  • marniehodges
    Options
    I started going to the gym for the first time in my life ever in November (I'm 45). That first day 20 min. on the elliptical just about killed me; now I can do 60 min. and THEN get on the bike for 30! I no longer take heartburn medication or tums...so nice!
  • wannbAhottie
    wannbAhottie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I can look down (without a bend) and see all of me instead of just boob's!
  • cddavis04
    Options
    I have lost an 1.5 off my waist.
  • akmartin
    Options
    Practicing portion control. Not only do I have left overs for lunch, I have lost 9 pounds.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I got on the treadmill the week before Christmas for the first time in a month... and I ran for 5 minutes straight after my 5 minute warm up. I haven't been able to run 5 minutes straight since at LEAST before summer. Needless to say...I was stoked. :bigsmile: Now whenever I run, I try to run for no less than 2 minutes at a time. FEELSADAMNGOOD!
  • eva78
    eva78 Posts: 16
    Options
    I've lost 25 lbs and been frustrated that I'm not seeing enough of a difference, although there is some muscle definition and my endurance is so much better. This morning I was putting on a skirt to wear to work and it wouldn't stay up, after zipping it up it just fell to my ankles. Rejoycing I put on a pair of jeans and they're loose. I'm also using two hooks tighter on a bra that used to be tight and is now loose despite the two hooks. :happy:
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I made up my mind to stop making excuses about my weight, it is no longer baby weight cause well the baby is now 9!
    I ate a baked sweet potato instead of a baked potato for the first time in my life and actually liked it more than the regular spud.
    I have gotten out of bed every morning at 5:45 AM and worked out to 30 day shred for the last three days and am motivated to continue.
    I have been able to do 25 girlie push up's in a row, which for me is a major accomplishment.
    Reeses Peanut Butter cups are sitting in the candy dish and I have not been tempted once to reach for one.
    I am drinking more water.
    I am logging on to this sight everyday, logging every bite of food and second of exercise.
    And I am so enjoying reading everyones triumphs and even struggles because it makes me realize I am not alone with my food issues.
  • lulu_beans
    lulu_beans Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have managed to stay under my calorie goal for the last 3 days! Which I know doesn't sound like much of a victory, but when your fiance is almost 500 pounds, and doesn't seem to provide support, only temptation, it's a BIG DEAL!
  • materstater
    materstater Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've been working hard for 6 weeks and lost 8 lbs-very proud.
  • molina76853
    Options
    I have lots more energy and feel alot more confident about myself. Instead of dreading to work out, now I can't wait!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!