Whey protein... First time and feel so well

Options
Hi,

Yesterday after my work out session (running+cycling), I had my first whey protein shaker. Yesterday evening my legs were a bit arched.

Today I feel very well and don't feel like I have been running yesterday. I can almost go for another run. Is it normal? I know whey protein help for muscle recovery but I didn't expect that much...

Thanks,
Jamal

Replies

• happyjack1976
    happyjack1976 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    following for replies!
  • Greywalk
    Greywalk Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    same as above
  • ChevyChey
    ChevyChey Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I dont know about the muscle recovery. I started drinking Protein "water" because I dont like "shakes" and I feel AMAZING.
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Nothing special about Whey protein except its protein and as with all protein, helps repair muscle breakdown. The whey protein is just convenient for some to get their daily protein in.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/478689-does-whey-protein-help-with-muscle-soreness/
    "Whey protein is a fast-digesting source of protein that can boost muscle recovery after strength training, the September 2007 issue of the "Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition" reports. This review paper cites a research study that found consuming whey protein immediately after a resistance training bout reduced symptoms of delayed onset muscle soreness. Whey protein accelerated the healing of muscle fibers -- the underlying cause of most delayed onset muscle soreness cases."
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    http://www.thestrengthagenda.com/2012/09/27/bcaas-will-they-build-muscle-or-waste-your-money/

Good article on BCAA's, which are found in whey protein. They not only aid in muscle development but also in recovery and energy levels.
  • rauljg42
    rauljg42 Posts: 30
    Options
    Whey protein works wonders for me and creatine. Makes muscle recovery quicker and you lose or at least minimize that soreness and stiffness depending on your training schedule. I supplement regularly. Casein protein at night too.