Keto breakfasts?

adrram
adrram Posts: 3 Member
so I just started keto this week, and I wanted to know what other people on keto do for breakfast besides eggs/meat. I like that combo, but I want to know if there's anything else I can eat to vary my diet a bit.

Replies

• StarmakerK
    StarmakerK Posts: 11 Member
    Do you eat leafy green veggies? I had 15g chopped kale & 3 oz ground turkey, sauteed with olive oil and some spices.
  • gwjeff
    gwjeff Posts: 1 Member
    most cheese is ok. so now you can have cheesy eggs and meat.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Coffee - or bullet proof coffee. lol
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    2-3 eggs and 2 sausage patties is my most common breakfast. 2 cups of coffee with full fat cream every day.
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    3 eggs and 2 slices of bacon almost everyday.

Another option that I have for a snack sometimes is 1 scoop of my low carb chocolate protein powder with 1T heavy cream, 1T espresso powder, some water and ice and blend it up. Tastes just like a frappaccino!
  • annko65
    annko65 Posts: 18 Member
    Have a look at this website: http://www.ruled.me/ketogenic-diet-food-list/

It's got a very detailed list with everything you can eat on the keto diet ....so the only thing you could do is improvise and use your imagination to make combinations of foods...

I used to be on the Dukan and Atkins diet (not at the same time of course) and they are all based on the same principle, clean fats, oils, high protein foods and leafy vegetables

Just try to keep it simple, I used to have scrambled eggs with cheese, herbs and spices or eggs with bacon and mushrooms and at times I was making a meet loaf with just mince (ground) beef, eggs, herbs, spices, spring onions a couple tablespoons of oats, a bit of olive oil. I had a whole loaf for a few days and when I was feeling hungry I was just having a couple of slices even for breakfast.
  • karbar75
    karbar75 Posts: 25 Member
    I was just looking for some keto breakfast ideas and saw this post... sounds delicious! This may be a dumb question, but what is espresso powder? Is it like instant coffee or is it unbrewed espresso grind regular coffee? I'd love to know if you get a chance.. Thanks for the idea!
  • rareessence
    rareessence Posts: 1 Member
    I make frittatas for a the week,

Also nuts, chia seed puddings can replace the oatmeal urge.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    I fry eggs in bacon fat, and eat with stewed collards. Noms.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    so I just started keto this week, and I wanted to know what other people on keto do for breakfast besides eggs/meat. I like that combo, but I want to know if there's anything else I can eat to vary my diet a bit.

Can you eat dairy? If so, I'd suggest getting some full-fat Greek yogurt. It is amazingly delicious, very high in fat and protein, and super filling.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    I'm usually in a hurry to get out the door, and have a keto shake:

In my Vitamix:

1/2 to 2/3 cup of heavy cream (depending on my caloric need)
    3/4 to 1 full scoop of high-quality whey isolate protein powder (again, depending on caloric need)
    1/2 cup of baby spinach leaves
    1/4 cup of berries
    1/2 cup of water (or it's too thick)

Takes me 2 - 3 minutes to make breakfast, drink it and clean-up after.
  • AugustMagpie
    AugustMagpie Posts: 1 Member
    I just started keto myself too! Eggs and bacon cheese were getting old fast. I recently stumbled on 12/8 intermittent fasting and now I also drink bulletproof coffee. Instead of breakfast, eat a bigger lunch. Takes a lot of stress out of planning and it's an easy way to reach that crazy fat goal. Now lunch and dinner are more magical, I'm satisfied, and I only have to stuff eggs and bacon down my gullet when I actually want it. I also learned a ton from ruled.me there's some breakfast recipes I want to try ASAP.