Down 40 pounds!

Options
Hi!!! I am super excited to share even though I am hesitant to show pictures of my body for all to see.

2005 I had gastric bypass. Lost 100 pounds. I didn't exercise like I should so I became the thinner/fat chick. Met husband and had 2 kids and gained 50 pounds back . 210 pounds and miserable. My husband is active duty and very fit and I am jut blah. He is so handsome and I felt nasty next to him. I was sick of being the bigger girl with a pretty face.

in September 2010...

Something clicked in my head finally and enrolled in a nutrition class in college for fall semester and used that to help me with eating. I now eat well and make sure to have lean/clean food and whole grains. I am a label *kitten* when I read nutrition labels. If it doesn't list whole wheat first on ingredients list i won't get it. I also log EVERYTHING.

I joined local YMCA and go every single weekday and maybe one day of the weekend. I mix up workouts with aerobics, pilates, yoga, zumba and strength. I find machines to be very boring so i do classes. I love classes because I know i am not alone and I have made friends in the classes. I went out of town for holidays and I ate some goodies and drank but I did it in moderation. I also was physical too. Went sledding and went to the local YMCA there and took a couple classes. So, it is possible to still lose weight during the holidays. I am no where near being done with losing weight but I am feeling so good about myself and finally able to appreciate my body. I am sexy and I can admit it. I am addicted to going to the gym. I am most in love with Zumba. I get real pumped and sweat really bad. I always considered myself having the "white girl" syndrome when it comes to dancing. You know stepping left and right on the dance floor. Who knew that i can shake and shimmy and move my body so beautifully. This Saturday I am going to attend Zumba video recording party and will be included as a dancer in the video. Pretty excited. I am even considering becoming a Zumba licensed instructor. Who knows. My journey is is wild and I love it. No where near complete but what an awesome start!!

So here comes the pictures..in undergarments.. ::blushes::

DSCF0587.jpg
210 plus or minus a few pounds. Picture taken 5/4/10

DSCF0589.jpg
back view

DSCF3855.jpg
Current

DSCF3846.jpg

DSCF3853.jpg

When I get down to a good weight like 145 I am going to have boudoir pictures done pin up style for a gift to myself and husband.

Replies

• pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Boudoir photos are my plan too : ) can't think of a better way to showcase all the hard work!
  • butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    you look awesome..great job honey:flowerforyou:
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    You look great, and you're attitude is wonderful. Best wishes for your healthiest year yet!
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    You look amazing! I can't get over your sexy curves now! :) I want to do a 'modern' pin up photo shoot too once I reach my goal! Great job, you are an inspiration!
  • JenabeeRose
    JenabeeRose Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!!
  • Actuality
    Options
    You look great!
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Very very impressive -- it's particularly obvious how your hips have shrunk relative to your bust width. Great!

One thing I'm slightly worried about, though, is whether losing weight will make a tattoo show up on my shoulder... but if it's such a nice one, I wouldn't mind.
  • TeeTee11
    Options
    shizzam!!! THATS ALL I GOTTA SAY!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC!! Amazing job! Congrats to you on your OBVIOUS hard work!!! :drinker:
  • ariesldsgal
    ariesldsgal Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You look great
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Very curvy in the sexiest way. You have one lucky husband.
  • NurseTC
    Options
    You look amazing! Such an inspiration! Now I am inspired to take similar pictures of myself to record my weight loss after seeing the difference you have accomplished. Keep up the good work :)
  • DeepSeaDoc_Wife
    DeepSeaDoc_Wife Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Your compliments mean a lot. I was like super scared to post.
  • DeepSeaDoc_Wife
    DeepSeaDoc_Wife Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    @taletreader didn't you know? A tattoo is a reward for every 30 pounds. It just appears overnight while you sleep.

I got that done in October.
  • stephgabriele
    Options
    What a foxy lady! Congratulations on the 40. I remember when I lost nearly that and I felt so great. It was definitely awesome to see a 40 pound loss while I need some inspiration!
  • Gallen88
    Gallen88 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    excuse me while i pick my mouth up off the floor
  • mc1217
    mc1217 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    no fair! you carry your weight in your boobs, & i carry mine in my tummy! lol i wish i could change that (i'm 5'4, 158 lbs and my stomach is not flat like yours :frown: ...nor do i have what you got goin on "up top.")!

in all seriousness, you look wonderful :smile: congrats to you & ur lucky hubby :drinker:
  • fannyanntut
    fannyanntut Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    you look wonderful and its so nice to hear someone actually talk positive about themselves, their body and their aspirations. Being over-weight for even a short amount of time allows our minds to accept that negative thoughts about ourselves are ok. Congrats on turning yourself around, I'm still getting there but even in a week I feel so much better about myself. you're an inspiration, looking forward to seeing your progress x
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look AWESOME!! & definitely SEXY TOO!!! You go girl! What an inspiration you are!!! Keep up the good work!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    @taletreader didn't you know? A tattoo is a reward for every 30 pounds. It just appears overnight while you sleep.

I got that done in October.

Hahaha the Tattoo Fairy!

You look awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!