The Rice Diet Solution - thoughts?

Options
13»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,540 Member
    Options
    I've been on a rice diet since I've been born! I eat rice almost every day. I just don't eat a lot of it. And the same goes with meat. So rice and meat..............................mmmmmm.

I couldn't personally do the rice diet mentioned above. Too restrictive for me.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • EandA85
    EandA85 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    A calorie count below 1400 plus low fat and low protein would turn me into a raging hangry lady after 12 hours, much less a week.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    Have you read "Confessions of a Carb Queen" by Susan Blech? She did the rice diet (or something that sounds very similar to this one here), actually giving up her old life and relocating just to do the diet. It sounded absolutely awful to me - so restrictive! But it seemed to work for her. She was doing it in controlled conditions at a clinic, was very overweight when she started and seemed to have serious problems with food addiction.

I found it a fascinating read. It's a very individual account, but some parts resonated with me. I'd recommend it if you're looking at the rice diet, or even if you're not!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Original Post: October 22, 2011
    Zombie Post Rebirth: Jan, 2014

And bumped by someone who has allegedly been a member for 4 years, and finally chose this as their first post ever.
  • Sirinya55
    Sirinya55 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Heck yea! Easiest diet ever!! Rice Rice Baby! (Get it? Vanilla Ice, Rice?) Nevermind :laugh:
  • ElfiePoo
    ElfiePoo Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm a carb addict and was sooo surprised that I had no problems staying on this even the first day...without hunger since I always felt like I was starving on WW's 1200 calorie and on a low carb diet, I'd have to eat more than 2000 calories to be 'satisfied'.
  • mmeyrow
    mmeyrow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Before criticizing the rice diet people should try it for a week, but buy the books and be creative with the food. Also this diet is great for people with serious health or weight issues. If you want to lose 10 to 20 lbs to look prettier this is not for you. If you want to stop shooting insulin, drop blood pressure or just have energy after work this diet is worth the work.
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    thread from October 2011 bored much?
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    seems like the first week is way too low on calories to me
    and the second... and third...

I'll stfu if at any point it's revealed that this diet is aimed at little people. Sadly, I doubt this is the case.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    It's typical of every other fad diet. Complicated list of approved, and dis-approved foods at different intervals with the hidden purpose of just getting you to eat less...