[Pics] What a long, strange 7 months it's been

Options
YeaILift
YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
I've lost 15 pounds over the past 7 months, but I feel that is a little misleading. I started out with no idea what I was doing, and I quickly learned that my diet was going to play a major role in my physical success. So, I started counting calories. At first, I was eating around 1500 calories a day. This went on for months, from August up until November. Then, I started slowly lowering my calories closer to 1200 a day, in an attempt to increase my weight loss a little more.

However, by the time I got to 152 (down 23 pounds) right before Thanksgiving, I felt small. Too small. So, I decided to try my hand at bulking i.e. gaining muscle. Of course, the timing couldn't be worse. I started the week of Thanksgiving Break, and I was finally home from college for a few days. Contrary to popular belief, you need to be on some type of diet when planning to gain weight as well, at least to an extent. Nevertheless, home cooked food was calling my name, and I couldn't resist. I shamelessly gained 13 pounds that week. Three words: Mini Pumpkin Muffins. Oh god, they were so delicious. I don't even want to think about attempting to count how many of them I ate.

Well, long story short, I clean bulked (counting calories while eating at a calorie surplus) for about two weeks, but with Spring Break only a few months away, I knew I needed to start coming back down. So here I am, 160 pounds and honestly I couldn't be happier. I feel stronger, bigger, and more defined than when I was at 150. That doesn't mean I'm not going to continue cutting, but I think that going a little (okay, a lot) overboard was probably one of the best things to happen because it reinvigorated my drive and passion for losing (and gaining) weight.

On a side note, I have also been lifting weights (5+ days a week) consistently for 7 months. Also, I ran 4 days a week for the first 6 months, and I've been doing intense, recumbent bike interval training for this past month and a half.

Finally, my Food Diary is public. Hopefully, it will give you some ideas to meet your own goals.

jSd5S.jpg
WVt1v.jpg

Replies

• Shawnalee0703
    Options
    proves it doesn't matter what you weigh.... as long as you are strong and healthy! Congrats!

OH AND HOW THE HECK DO I ADD A PICTURE!!!! haha
  • YeaILift
    Options
    proves it doesn't matter what you weigh.... as long as you are strong and healthy! Congrats!

OH AND HOW THE HECK DO I ADD A PICTURE!!!! haha

[*img] [*/img]

delete the *
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    around what??
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's awesome :happy: I love how you posted a pic of every few months so you can really see the change in your abs! Oh, one day I want abs. :]
  • YeaILift
    Options
    That's awesome :happy: I love how you posted a pic of every few months so you can really see the change in your abs! Oh, one day I want abs. :]
    Yea, I think I just got lucky with genetics on that one haha.

around what??
    [*img]www.tinypic.com/myonlinepic[*/img]
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Dude that's freakin awesome!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    thanks!
  • water4life
    water4life Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great job man. I was wondering how tall you are?
  • YeaILift
    Options
    Great job man. I was wondering how tall you are?

5'8.5"
  • Knbrooks42
    Knbrooks42 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You are looking great! If only I could find a guy like you ;). Maybe I will in about ohhhhh 4 or 5 hours.
  • YeaILift
    Options
    Awesome job! You are looking great! If only I could find a guy like you ;). Maybe I will in about ohhhhh 4 or 5 hours.

Must be pretty lucky then.
  • emadigan
    emadigan Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's seriously impressive! You look awesome!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Nice work mate :)

BTW I just realised you're doing accounting as well. I am also an accountant.
  • YeaILift
    Options
    Nice work mate :)

BTW I just realised you're doing accounting as well. I am also an accountant.

Yea I noticed you were a little while back. I updated my profile recently so that's why you didn't notice before haha
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!