Beachbody and Shakeology

Options
Ok. Are there any beachbody/shakeology junkies out there?! My first purchase Les Mills Combat is insane! Simply an amazing total body workout. It gets me sweating! I'm currently doing TurboFire and I love it! Well..not as much as my first purchase, but it give me that workout I need! :D I've also recently purchased my first supply of Shakeology( choco,vanilla,strawberry), and I want to know everyones success with this! They are delicious and it really does make you feel a difference in your body! Definitely will be purchasing more beachbody products/programs and when I stick with it...I hope to get themazing results I read so much about! Anyone else into this stuff as much as I am?! Would love to hear from you all and please feel free to add! :))
..love love..

Replies

• Chocolatdee1203
    Options
    I am not yet but I plan to be. I just ordered the Turbo Fire Challenge Pack that comes with Shakeology. I am so excited to start. I am wondering should I be using it as a meal replacement or just as a snack. My coach says I can do either or but I want the one that will give me the best results. How is Turbo Fire going for you?
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Selling tactic masquerading as honest testimonials.

It's against TOS to try to sell products on this site, this goes for both of you.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I think Shakeology is an overpriced 'quick fix' Multilevel Marketing ploy to seperate desperate overweight people from their money on one side and a pie-in-the-sky 'get rich quick scheme' on the other side...that's what I think.
  • kristinashelton
    Options
    I enjoy shakeology, it's the first protein shake I tried that I liked the flavor of. Is it a quick fix, no, it's not gonna cure cancer either, but I can honestly say I feel better after drinking it, and I notice a difference if I miss a day. It's easy to call it a scheme if you haven't tried it, and it's not for everyone, but some of us actually enjoy it.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options

It's against TOS to try to sell products on this site, this goes for both of you.

Full disclosure, I am a Beachbody junkie........in the sense that I love their programs.
    With that said, yeah, the first two posts look like they were just plucked from an infomercial.......it's almost a bit too obvious.
  • jillMoose
    jillMoose Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    just did the 5 day challenge (5 days of shakes + 30 minutes of exercise a day) and lost 6 lbs. I was very happy with it. In the past I did the P90X weightlifting workouts which I combined with running - without the shakes - and got into great shape. I would continue with the shakes but I think they are too pricey.
  • kristinashelton
    Options
    lol I am a junkie myself! I will admit I am a coach, but I only became one for the discount. In fact I haven't sold a single thing. They offer the coach opportunity for free for military families, so I joined to get the discount on shakeology. My husband enjoys insanity and I am doing T25 right now and loving it. When you break it down by daily cost, I pay a little under $3.50 per day for shakeology which is less than I was spending getting breakfast in the cafeteria at my work. The cost isn't worth it for everyone, but it is for me, I feel better when I drink it consistently.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I love the workouts (did Chalean Xtreme, P90X and P90x3) but detest the constant pushing of useless expensive supplements....You can achieve the same great results without it....
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    lots of beachbody junkies out there. i don't think anyone praises the shake for very long that isn't making money on it.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    if there is one beach body sup i recommend it would be the results and recovery formula.

actually i've never tried it, but i've done other similair products and eventually bought maltodextrin and dextrose and just started dumping it into my protien shake in the same proportions.

i don't use it that much anymore, but if your into post workout nutrition, thats a good way to go (4:1 or even 3:1 carb to protien ratio).
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options

There seems to be an increasing use of this strategy on the forums.

It would lead a more skeptical person to wonder if someone sent out a memo...........
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I never ever buy into hoopla surrounding fads, but I do actually like shakeology. One of the mom's at my oldest's school is a coach and gave me a few packets of shakeology to try out, and I really did like it a whole lot. I love all the nutrients and vitamins it's packed with, but I just feel its too much to spend on a supplement, IMO at $4/serving for my lifestyle. For someone using it as a meal replacement, I would be all over it though.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    No and No
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Oh look! Another Beachbody thread within minutes of the other one! How clever!
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Currently iin week 9 of TurboFire, have done Chalean Extreme and loved it, and can't wait for Chalene's PiYo program this summer to be released. I also have 21-Day Fix, plan on trying that after I finish TurboFire(I am doing Advanced program, so I will be doing TF for 20-weeks) But I love working out at home, and I get a GOOD workout! I like the Shakeology too, am actually a coach, but only for my own benefit, don't push stuff on people or really try to sell too much
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I love beachbody and shakeology, just look at all the long term success threads you see in the Success Story forums...
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    shakeology turned me into a newt! :angry:

im-a-newt.jpg
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I bought & completed Insanity as a (mental) break from my normal routine (lifting 6 days/week, little cardio). It's a solid program and it's cool to see how you progress through the fit tests. My 5K time also kicks more a$s after a round of Insanity.

BUT. All of the supplements and other junk they push so hard is utter crap. Get yourself a good protein powder, a balanced diet and you're set.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options

Yeah, happens here for that Beachbody Shake stuff all the time.
  • Operation_Shred
    Options
    Or you know... you could just eat your macros and make sure to have a varied diet to get your micros instead of paying $100/bag for a shake that tastes like a dirty booty.