What type of treadmill do you recommend for my home?

Options
Looking to buy a treadmill for my house. I do not want to spend more than $1000 and would like something that is good to run on, that works well on an incline, and which both me and my husband can use. My husband is a big guy so I need something sturdy. Also, would like something that comes delivered and is assembled at our place.

If there is a recent thread on this issue - please just send me the link!

Thanks for your input :)

Replies

• cherow123
    cherow123 Posts: 13
    Options
    I have a Lifespan and I absolutely LOVE it! I bought mine new but I've seen used for under $1,000. Its a Year and a half old now and it gets used every day and it's still in perfect condition, haven't has a single issue yet. Also came with a fabulous warranty.
  • Vickiheiss
    Vickiheiss Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have had my Nordic Track for over 5 years. I have almost 10,000 kms on it and use it daily. I have it service once a year but it has never given me any trouble. Paid $999 for it so was a great investment!
  • katwinfree
    katwinfree Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Proform 1080 and love it. You can always check Craigslist for a new but used one and go from there.
  • tomaspetro
    tomaspetro Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    I've had the Nordic Track C700 since late Jan. and it's the only equipment I use and I use it daily. I started on it at about 345lbs. and I've had no problems with it. I also purchased the IFIT module that allows you to download programs and create your own workouts. I found it on sale at Sears for 650.
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I would STRONGLY suggest looking on Craigslist for a used treadmill. Unlike cars that people sell because they are pieces of junk, most people sell fitness equipment because they hardly ever use it.

A treadmill is a motor that moves a strap of plastic under your feet at a predetermined pace. A $1000 treadmill is not going to accomplish this much better than a $100 one and with the money you save you can buy a pair of nice bikes or some roller blades and cross country skis.

Nothing wrong with new, it's just with fitness equipment there is SO MUCH quality used stuff its a shame to pass up on it. Plus its green to buy used. Save the planet and all that. If you can't find one with an incline, be an innovator and grab a couple of books.

Normally I do the same diligence buying used as I do new, checking reviews and comparing prices. If you are absolutely committed to buying new, I would do so at someplace like Costco where the return policy is friendly enough that you won't regret a huge expenditure for a motor and some spinning rubber.
  • jillMoose
    jillMoose Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I would STRONGLY suggest looking on Craigslist for a used treadmill. Unlike cars that people sell because they are pieces of junk, most people sell fitness equipment because they hardly ever use it.

A treadmill is a motor that moves a strap of plastic under your feet at a predetermined pace. A $1000 treadmill is not going to accomplish this much better than a $100 one and with the money you save you can buy a pair of nice bikes or some roller blades and cross country skis.

Nothing wrong with new, it's just with fitness equipment there is SO MUCH quality used stuff its a shame to pass up on it. Plus its green to buy used. Save the planet and all that. If you can't find one with an incline, be an innovator and grab a couple of books.

Normally I do the same diligence buying used as I do new, checking reviews and comparing prices. If you are absolutely committed to buying new, I would do so at someplace like Costco where the return policy is friendly enough that you won't regret a huge expenditure for a motor and some spinning rubber.

I agree with you 100% ~~~ my only concern is having to transport it ~ that may be more trouble than its worth! Was looking into getting one at sears . . .

Loving all the feedback - keep it coming!