Considering buying a Fitbit. Help?

Options
2»

Replies

• Kamirose9047
    Options
    Thanks for the input, everyone! I'm thinking I'm gonna go with the One, mostly because of the stair counter.
  • millytheriot
    millytheriot Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I previously had a fitbit ultra, which is similar to the One, and I absolutely loved it!! It was VERY accurate! I now have a Flex and I find that it's not nearly as accurate as the Ultra was. I don't know if it's because it's on my wrist so it doesn't sense the steps as well as when I wore the Ultra on my waist or what. I do love how I can keep it on 24/7 (except for when it needs to be charged) even in the shower. In my opinion, I would go with the One. Just for the accuracy and the fact that you can see your stats from the device and don't have to sync it with your phone to know how many steps you've taken, etc. Good luck!
  • TheUnwritten
    TheUnwritten Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I got a Flex and I really enjoy seeing how many steps and miles I rack up in a day. I am not to keen on my calorie burn. Some days its a ridiculous amount of calories its says I burned. which I hope its not a faulty device. So stopped having it synced to MFP.
  • Eoghann
    Eoghann Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    There isn't really a one size fits all answer to this one.

I personally went with the FitBit One. I wear it in my pants pocket so it's with me all the time. I really don't use the screen on it though as I sync it with my phone and use that display instead.

I did specifically want the feature that counts floors because I do quite a lot of walking up and down stairs. The sleep function works, but it turns out I actually sleep very well and very consistently so it's not really giving me much useful information.
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I enjoy reading all the opinions and reviews. Quick question about the Fitbit One - can you see more than just the steps on the display. Will I also be able to see my calories burned?

Oh! Another question -counting stairs. Does it not count a step up or down as a step? Only the Flex recognizes stairs? It doesn't matter to me to see how many flights I climb but I still want 4 stairs counted as 4 steps. Kwim?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I have a Zip and I love it. I had bought a One right after Christmas and used it for three months until I knocked it out of my pocket while I was out and lost it. In the debate between buying a new One or going back to my Zip (the Flex is not an option for me as I'm using my hands so much at work it would more than likely throw the count way off), I realized the extras that come with the One weren't really necessary, so I just went back to my Zip.
  • Eoghann
    Eoghann Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I enjoy reading all the opinions and reviews. Quick question about the Fitbit One - can you see more than just the steps on the display. Will I also be able to see my calories burned?

Oh! Another question -counting stairs. Does it not count a step up or down as a step? Only the Flex recognizes stairs? It doesn't matter to me to see how many flights I climb but I still want 4 stairs counted as 4 steps. Kwim?

Yes you can cycle through various readings on the Fitbit One including Calories, Steps, Floors and Distance. Again though I'd recommend pairing it to your phone and using that to for the readings. It's much more flexible.

Yes the One counts all steps (up, down or sideways) it is just also able to detect when you're going up stairs or up hills and gives you credit for that. I walked up a mountain at the weekend and it equated that to 150 floors but I also got credited with about 15,000 steps.
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Flex and I love it! It doesn't get in my way and is a visible reminder to move more. I never considered the others because I'm not going to clip something to my bra (I don't want to to start a discussion, but I have pre-cancerous growths in my breast and, because of all the reports linking cell phones stored in bras to breast cancer, I'm not putting anything in my bra but my boobs) and I don't have pockets in most of my work clothes. That being said, sometimes I'd really like to have the option of counting stairs because I like to run the stairs at work for cardio. I, too, miss out on steps when I'm shopping, but those aren't very vigorous steps anyway and I've also learned to push the cart one-handed to pick up at least part of them! :bigsmile: Enjoy whichever you choose!
  • gooserocks85
    gooserocks85 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    i find it interesting to see so many people experiencing lost steps with the flex. i've had one since december, and i've been really impressed by how sensitive it is. it picks up my steps if i'm walking with my arms folded (as i often do because i get cold easily), if i'm looking at my phone while walking, when i'm holding a shopping basket. maybe i bounce/vibrate more when i walk?
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I am glad to be reading all of these reviews on the different fitbits, though I am still not too sure which one I would eventually pick. I have used the body media and I liked it ok, it just started making my arm hurt when I wore it and it was loose too, I'm thinking electrical but who knows, the only think I hated about it was it didn't count my steps if my arms weren't moving and looked like I wasn't even wearing it. My son had a dr appt and we were there almost 2 hours and for half of that time I was holding him walking back and forth in the hallway and when i checked that night to see what my steps and calorie burn was for the day it didn't even count it, looked as though I took it off, I was ticked cause walking around with a 30lb little boy for an hour was good exercise lol.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Just know that it counts flights of stairs by an altimeter. A friend of mine noticed that hers gave her quite a few flights climbed from driving over a bridge on hef way to work.