New to Myfitness Pal

Options
Spent most of my adult life in a battle with my weight. Never been hugely overweight and am apparently within the healthy BMI for my height but feel FAT!! Like the idea of monitoring calories & exercise using this system. Starting today so lets see how we go. Planning to lose just under 1 & half stone by Spring. Really important to me to be healthy and fit as well & want to be able to do a 5k run by Spring as well. My job is reasonably active so that should help.

Replies

• granitegirl
    Options
    Good luck!! I found this site yesterday & already LOVE it!! :smile:
  • colinmud
    Options
    I hope you reach your goal. Ive put on 2st 6lb since 5th January 2010 due to stop smoking so I hope to loose weight this year. Let me know how you get on on loosing the pounds.
  • lulu20111
    Options
    Hi, i joined in December as I knew I would put weight on in December and then be rubbish at controlling my eating and exercise throughout the start of the year. The site is a great support and has given me new energy to keep going! Good luck everyone!
  • Hannaca1992
    Options
    Hi (: I joined a few months ago! Desperately want to lose some weight before I go to Paris with my boyfriend! Good luck everyone! :heart:
  • JillSymes
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this site too. Just stumbled across it while looking for the calorie content in something. Even after just 3 days i'm finding a difference in how i view myself and food. No food is banned as long as you count it in yr allowance and it makes it so easy to add all your favorite meals and help you calculate the calories. Fantastic. I have been fat for as long as i can remember but this year i am determined to lose 56lbs and this time keep them off. I love the fact that i can add my sporadic trips to the gym and even log housework as exercise to gain a few extra calories for a treat. Good luck everyone and lets all be great losers! :flowerforyou:
  • JillSymes
    Options
    I went to Paris a few years ago with my husband and would love to go again. Its a really beautiful city. Hope you lose the weight you want to and have a fab time.
  • BananaBear
    Options
    Hey! I'm new to this too!, well just to this site. I've tried many other sites but they just were'n't cutting it for me too complicated! This one's easy to use and I actually use it! This is my second day logging in! :) I'm hoping to make some changes in my life! I wish you all the best of luck!
    Bri