Sghetti Squash

Options
2»

Replies

• poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    The easiest is to bake it upside down. at 375 for 40 minutes. I spray it with some olive oil then spice it up with oregano, lemon pepper and salt.

Let it cool upside down then use a fork to shred it up.

I like to use homemade pesto on it after that.
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I actually made this last night

I made a sauce with about 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, 2tbs butter and some feta cheese. I added garlic, pepper, basil, oragano, red pepper flakes, and cocktail shrimp.
    I then tossed the spaghetti squash in, and it was a HIT in our house. I was hoping to have leftovers for lunch, but we ate it all.
  • 1FearlessFighter
    1FearlessFighter Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    were did you find spaghetti squash?? i remember supermarkets selling it all the time 2 years ago but now i cant seed to find any
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I wanna cook it in my microwave like some people have mentioned to save time, but I'm so very afraid of blowing up the microwave.

I tried warming up a hard boiled egg and just about crapped my pants because I exploded it. LOL.

Just stab it through the shell with a big knife (like carving knife) 3 or 4 times in different spots and nuke - no problem, no explosion, lol

Edit: Not the egg shell, the squash shell, :laugh:
  • AndreaEllen
    AndreaEllen Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Cold with a vinaigrette!?!? Brilliant!!
  • rcillo219
    rcillo219 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    were did you find spaghetti squash?? i remember supermarkets selling it all the time 2 years ago but now i cant seed to find any

Found it at Stop n Shop which is my local super market. I hadn't seen it there before, and I've been checking for a while now, but then voila! There they were!
  • mlrodgers381
    mlrodgers381 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Bump! I tried Spaghetti Squash for the first time last week and I loved it! I just added some ground turkey meat sauce to it and ate it like spaghetti! These recipes sound good though. I must try!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I eat it with asiago cheese sprinkled on top
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Love_Is_My_Fuel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I love spaghetti squash..my favorite way to serve it is with a taco chicken slow cooker recipe I make...chicken, chopped peppers, shallot chopped, chili powder, low sodium taco seasoning, drained can no salt diced tomatoes...Let it cook on low for 8 hours and serve on top of baked spaghetti squash noodles
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Oh i make a 'mac and cheese' with the spaghetti squash, its creamy and cheesy and good and I add kilbasa or other sausage to it. Even the very picky girl child will eat it
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I made spaghetti squash for the first time last month and was underwelmed. I think it was because I had heard so often that it was like pasta, so I think that was unfair to the squash. After reading all of these comments and recipes, I'm definitely going to give spaghetti squash another try!

I made acorn squash for the first time a couple weeks ago, and that is one I won't be trying again. Yuck! :sick:
  • princessmommy122
    princessmommy122 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I bake it, scoop it, and top it with homemade tomato sauce and turkey meatballs.
  • rcillo219
    rcillo219 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Oh i make a 'mac and cheese' with the spaghetti squash, its creamy and cheesy and good and I add kilbasa or other sausage to it. Even the very picky girl child will eat it

I MUST know how you make it mac and cheese! That's one of my fav foods lol