Sweet tooth

Options
I'm new to this and I'm wondering how to battle my sweet tooth, any low calorie ideas?
I don't have much in the house at this moment but I don't really want to indulge in a 500 calorie treat!

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    they have sugar free gummie bears and the like. but careful you dont eat too many of them as per the reviews
    http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummi-Bears-Sugar-Free/dp/B000EVQWKC
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    vanilla yogurt with berries, a square of good chocolate, and vanilla or chocolate almond milk are some of my go-to sweet treats
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Follow this thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1277224--eat-all-the-sweets-a-30-day-tale-of-love-happiness

There's alot of great foods you can fit into your calorie budget.
  • Swilla_Swole
    Swilla_Swole Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    raisins work really well
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal cookies.
  • SteveyBrule
    SteveyBrule Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I always used to have a sweet tooth but I got rid of it like an addiction, I starved it!

Seriously though, at first I was using stevia in my coffee and it was great, but that stuff is so sweet I ended up wanting that same level of sweetness in other foods and meals.

By cutting out the stevia and taking my coffee black and not adding sugar or sweetener to anything else, I've completely cut off my craving for that kind of stuff.

Maybe give it a shot! I'm full of ideas, let me know if you want any advice.
  • sati18
    sati18 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    you can get meringue nests from the co-op (uk) that are about 50 calories each, im sure most supermarkets would have similar. or try to make them yourself but so far ive failed at every attempt lol
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Pudding cups sit around 100 cals each and are fantastic!
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    It's kind of a cop-out, but I rely pretty heavily on Orbit's sweetmint gum. I go on a holy rampage after a meal looking for something sweet, and that stuff is just sweet enough to lock that urge down and let me get on with my life.

I'm also a BIG fan of popsicles. Y'know those red, white and blue bomb pops we all friggin' loved as kids? 40 cals! I can have three and be in budget, theoretically. I never get that far. Also making your own is pretty fun!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    A snickers with almonds is 230 calories.

i also have a few M&Ms - fun size - 87 calories

jelly beans - Starburst - 130 calories for a serving

Quaker Oats chewy chocolate chip bar (or smores) - 100 calories

now I want something sweet...
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Apples with melted dark chocolate, strawberries with fat free cool whip, pomegranate seeds (if you like candy). Good luck!
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of dark chocolate for the sweet tooth, especially as I keep carbs on the lower side. My favorite is Ghirardellis Dark Chocolate with almond bits and sea salt -- nice crunch and little saltiness is really good.
  • AlyssamR6712
    AlyssamR6712 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    when that time of the month comes around i obviously start to crave chocolate.. i have these emergency fiber one brownies in the house.. they are sooooo good and only 90 cals! a must try! just don't get caught eating more than one it will defeat the purpose! lol

15188748.png
  • Tillyecl1
    Tillyecl1 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jelly (10 cal Hartley's ones are nice). Mini milk ice lollies (30 cals) or a mug of hot sugar free squash (5 cals) seem to squash most of my cravings. But when it's really desperate Cadbury Freddo (the small chocolate bars), Kinder mini bars or Cadbury fudge (proper treats all less than 120 cals) :-)
  • lomille
    lomille Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good call on the Mini milk ice lollies - will have to get some! Sugar free jelly or activa with fresh berries works for me! or a curly wurly!!
  • Short_n_Plump
    Options
    Those are all great ideas :)
    I went for a run, and since it was still there I allowed myself 1 square.
    Thats only like 20 calories so it won't affect anything
  • Shell_1384
    Shell_1384 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Last night I discovered the simplistic joy of frozen blueberries. They are like mini popsicles that burst in your mouth. So tasty! Only downfall is they turned my mouth blue haha!
  • Short_n_Plump
    Options
    Last night I discovered the simplistic joy of frozen blueberries. They are like mini popsicles that burst in your mouth. So tasty! Only downfall is they turned my mouth blue haha!
    Oooh I have some blueberries.
    I'll freeze them and try them in a bit :)
  • gmelody66
    gmelody66 Posts: 19
    Options
    i have a serious sweet tooth lol but i always reach for dark chocolate covered strawberries or some times just even making frozen lemonade with sweet'nlow or whatever u use (sounds strange but really does help)
  • spara0038
    spara0038 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, I just eat what I want as long as it's not a huge portion. I really like Dove chocolates, so I got a bag of the little squares, and I usually treat myself to 1 or 2 per day. 44calories each- not bad! I tend to let them melt in my mouth so I enjoy the flavor longer :-)