My research about researching researchers.

Options
DeltaZero
DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
tumblr_mta08g0xU01s7zcqdo2_400.gif

Replies

• Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Pretty much says it all!
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I miss all the interesting threads.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    One thing is for sure. The solution to the dischord is not to perpetuate dischord. When one finds universal damnation from a community in response to their words or actions, it is likely that they violated the customs or mores of the culture.

While one can hold the culture in contempt, as we in the west do with extremely conservative cultures of the east that - in our view - demean and disrespect women, we do not achieve any sort of progress.

Cultures that do change, change gradually, and seldom as the result of an individual who feels that the culture should adapt to their personal sensibilities.

Instead, to manifest change in a culture, one must first become a party to the culture, fully understanding the whys and wherefores of the mores that exist. From that position of knowledge, rather than enraged ignorance, one can lead the culture to new behaviors.

One thing that is certain in my own research is that instigating groups of humans through insult and offense, one does not influence people. Rather, one gives a single target to those people against which the group can very clearly and forcefully reinforce the informal rules.

Welcome to MFP!
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    1314842764992767.gif

Remember, you can't post it on the internet if it isn't true. It's the law.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Oops, I forgot to call people names in my previous post.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options

Poopyhead...
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    stilesinternet_zpse70a1def.gif
  • csverdin
    csverdin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    76% of all statistics are made up!!!!

or was it 67%
  • BurntCoffee
    BurntCoffee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    One thing is for sure. The solution to the dischord is not to perpetuate dischord. When one finds universal damnation from a community in response to their words or actions, it is likely that they violated the customs or mores of the culture.

While one can hold the culture in contempt, as we in the west do with extremely conservative cultures of the east that - in our view - demean and disrespect women, we do not achieve any sort of progress.

Cultures that do change, change gradually, and seldom as the result of an individual who feels that the culture should adapt to their personal sensibilities.

Instead, to manifest change in a culture, one must first become a party to the culture, fully understanding the whys and wherefores of the mores that exist. From that position of knowledge, rather than enraged ignorance, one can lead the culture to new behaviors.

One thing that is certain in my own research is that instigating groups of humans through insult and offense, one does not influence people. Rather, one gives a single target to those people against which the group can very clearly and forcefully reinforce the informal rules.

Welcome to MFP!

So sorta become a MFP sleeper cell and infiltrate from within? How covert and awesome! Where can I sign up for the MFP Sleeper Cell Alliance. ;) LOL.

I'm only trying to be funny. Your post is very insightful and probably the best response I have seen so far on posts like this.
  • OldChief10
    OldChief10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    "It's so hard to trust the information from the internet"
    ~Abe Lincoln
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Scumbag+vampire.+not+mine+but+thought+it+was+funny_3c13f7_3156383.jpg
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    popcorntwo_zps0291038e.gif