my tummy doeth hangeth over!

Options
Sorry about the intro!

I have developed over night (well, it seems to be overnight LOL) a tummy that really does hang. I am sooo embarrassed about it BUT what worries me even more is that I won't lose it and I will have to have surgery. I have had 2 kids by C-section but this 'thing' hasn't been with me until only this year and my kids are 6 and 9.

Have other peoples 'thing' gone with diet and exercise or did they have to resort to surgery??

It is scary to see it when I look in the mirror and it is so annoying when it gets in the way.

:grumble:

Replies

• Natalie0506
    Options
    It is my understanding that as long as you continue to excercise and eat right (no crash diets, no diet surgery), that skin will tighten up. The people who have to have surgery are the ones who have had gastric bypass surgery and have lost a significant amount of weight VERY quickly. Losing weight that quickly does not give your skin time to adjust, and they have sagging skin. You should be fine!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm still well upholstered, but no longer floppy.... and what my mom referred to as "that smile line" on my abdomen is missing (finally)... My abdominal muscles appear to have started reconnecting, and the low abdominal muscles (that were honestly not there before the C section) appear to be present now.
  • MISHACHEZ
    Options
    hey there, I am sorry you are feeling so down BUT I do understand, I as well had a C section, it was an emergency C section 25 years ago so it it goes from belly button down and then across at the pubic area, I was very young and so I been living with this 25 years, had to fight my weight sence, I have 4 kids and well thank the lord I only had 1 C-section 3 reg, births, after, I am with ya about the hang over, BUT I noticed the more weight I lost the less noticable it was, so just try that before worring about surgery, I personaly wouldnt do it, it would have to be BAD and VERY noticable in my clothes, well I would like to be ur Netpal if you wouldnt mind, add me as ur friend :) we can motivate each other, its a NEW BEGINING :)
    Misha:flowerforyou:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Water helps a great deal in dieting in the elasticity of skin. So make sure you drink lots of it to help your skin "spring" back.