First week of insanity complete!

Options
Tomorrow is my rest day and I'm so proud of myself -- definitely didn't think I could push through the whole week! Those are tough workouts but if you're looking to try a new exercise I would definitely recommend it. I must say it was pure torture though :P

So what's your experience with Insanity (or any beachbody program really)?

Replies

• HJO1403
    HJO1403 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Well done!
    The later ones are absolute torture but you'll be fine!

Its a hard programme regardless of where your fitness is to start with!

I've just started it up again with two of my friends having already completed it twice.. it doesn't get easier!
  • honey_127
    honey_127 Posts: 21
    Options
    Wow three rounds of insanity- nicely done! I've heard that the second month is extremely hard as well...kinda scared but I'm looking forward to it. :smile:
  • kilverstone
    kilverstone Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Well done! I'm just starting back to Insanity. :)
  • _L_A_
    _L_A_ Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Well done :) it sounds really hard!

I'm going to start it next week... well... kind of.... I am going to do it at home, but I don't want to waste my gym membership so want to go there 2 times a week, then I love running so want to do that 1-2 times a week, plus 1 rest day... leaves 2-3 insanity sessions... which is not what the programmes is :/

But I'll be working out 6 days a week and doing the intense insanity course on alternate days, so it'll just take me double as long! I love reading about people that have managed to do it as it motivates me so thanks for posting :)
  • Deb_622
    Deb_622 Posts: 694
    Options
    Nice Job!!!

I am in week 3 of month 2 and never thought I'd actually get here...I'm not seeing a lot of weight loss, but that has more to do with my eating vs. the plan (I don't follow the nutrition guide and just try to stay at a calorie deficit and eat as best I can...but, I want a "diet" that I can maintain long term...just me) I have seen some significant inch/measurement loss and have lost ~4% BF so far...so that's pretty good...I'm going back to T25 (I like the variety and time better...60 minutes is really long...) and adding 10 minute trainer after I finish Insanity next week...so, I'm a Beachbody fan...I like the programs and I've stuck with them for the longest I've stuck to anything (haven't missed one workout since 1/1/14) and that is huge for me!

:flowerforyou:
  • slackjaw05
    slackjaw05 Posts: 4
    Options
    This has become my spring routine ;-) would be a little less painful if I did SOMETHING in the winter. I am in the 1st week of the 2nd month of the program... and yes, torture, but MAN what a good feeling when done!

I gain 20 lbs in the winter, then do this program and lose all 20! probably not a good cycle ;-) then Tri training all summer with races.

here's hoping I stick with it in the winter!
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • honey_127
    honey_127 Posts: 21
    Options
    Nice Job!!!

I am in week 3 of month 2 and never thought I'd actually get here...I'm not seeing a lot of weight loss, but that has more to do with my eating vs. the plan (I don't follow the nutrition guide and just try to stay at a calorie deficit and eat as best I can...but, I want a "diet" that I can maintain long term...just me) I have seen some significant inch/measurement loss and have lost ~4% BF so far...so that's pretty good...I'm going back to T25 (I like the variety and time better...60 minutes is really long...) and adding 10 minute trainer after I finish Insanity next week...so, I'm a Beachbody fan...I like the programs and I've stuck with them for the longest I've stuck to anything (haven't missed one workout since 1/1/14) and that is huge for me!

:flowerforyou:

Wow that must feel awesome to almost be at the end! Nice job! :)
  • mjd8079
    mjd8079 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm having such a hard time with it! i've been doing it for about a month now and have zero results. Probably because I only do it about twice a week but I just can't get into it.
  • Kelly_WG
    Kelly_WG Posts: 1
    Options
    Hiya,

Congratulations on your first week!! I'm on week 1 day 6 & I absolutely love it. I'm finding it tough physically but it gives me a pretty great rush that no other exercise has. The only thing I'm worried about is how much I struggle with the exercises & how I do quite a few less than they do on the video ( i imagine thats to be expected for people that aren't super fit athletes) but I just want to be reassured that even going a lot slower & doing less reps will still give me the best results for me :) I am sweating through the entire sessions & have a sky high hr pushing hard for me, but I get a huge sense of guilt when I realise I'm slowly dying on the floor while the machines on the tv are pushing through!! Do people get this too or is it just me...?

Thanks!
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I did two rounds and then lost interest, but I might eventually start it again. It really is the only exercise video series I've ever done faithfully, and I have to say, Shaun T isn't lying when he says it's cardio AND strength training. It really helped me build strength and get rid of body fat.
  • katmelb
    katmelb Posts: 2
    Options
    i just finished day 3 and i swear today my body is dying, i feel nauseas, i dont have an appetite, headache and everything from head to toe hurts! the only consolation is today is cardio recovery so i guess something where my heart isnt going to burst. i am a fairly slim but now a super unfit person.... i am sticking to it because something about Shaun T is the right motivation for me and im not loving my current unhealthy looking self. i really hope my body and brain waks up sometime soon... question is there going to be 1 day in the next 60 where i will not be sore???? :)
  • slackjaw05
    slackjaw05 Posts: 4
    Options
    i just finished day 3 and i swear today my body is dying, i feel nauseas, i dont have an appetite, headache and everything from head to toe hurts! the only consolation is today is cardio recovery so i guess something where my heart isnt going to burst. i am a fairly slim but now a super unfit person.... i am sticking to it because something about Shaun T is the right motivation for me and im not loving my current unhealthy looking self. i really hope my body and brain waks up sometime soon... question is there going to be 1 day in the next 60 where i will not be sore???? :)

Yes, there will be 1 day ;-) week 3 was when I was no longer sore, but still exhausted at the end. Now in month 2, week 3 and just getting over the new sore ;-)... this to shall pass...