Saggy Underarms

47Jacqueline
47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
I am pretty active in strength training and cardio and you can see my muscles because of working out. I'm at maintenance, 5'4", 130, age 67.

The problem I'm having is I have loose skin under my upper arms. Is there any way of tightening that up? It's not fat, just loose skin. More weights? more reps?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I am pretty active in strength training and cardio and you can see my muscles because of working out. I'm at maintenance, 5'4", 130, age 67.

The problem I'm having is I have loose skin under my upper arms. Is there any way of tightening that up? It's not fat, just loose skin. More weights? more reps?

Are you doing moves that are specific to triceps? This is a bad area for me too (I'm over 50).

http://exercise.about.com/cs/weightlifting/l/blsampletricep.htm

Loose skin has a lot of variables......age doesn't help, genetics is a factor, how far & how long the skin was stretched. I think it takes a certain amount of time to see the final result too.
  • JustYandy
    JustYandy Posts: 221 Member
    With age gravity takes it effect...there is not much you can do about that.You can try and keep up with the weights and if you can do 20 reps 3x up the weight a notch.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Some say water adds elasticity back to skin...but I don't know.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    If that's the extent of your fitness problems at age 67, count your blessings. :wink:

We can't shrink skin, but you may be able to fill in some of the space with muscle, if you lift heavy. Full-body lifting is the best way to go, which will work your arms plenty. A good program for your age bracket is New Rules of Lifting for Life.