Am I Weird...?

Options

Replies

• paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Eh, I wouldn't really say I'm asking for permission. I know I can go - but it's valuable to know for example that some men think that a woman alone in a sports bar is an invitation to get hit on.

Well, if you didn't know that, then yes I would think making this thread was a good idea.

If someone makes eye contact, just glare. Works for me.
    I wish I knew how to do gifs. Don't just glare, make a hideous face, the most ridiculous hideous face you can and stay like that while looking at him for at least 30 secs
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I_love_to_ride wrote:
    Not weird, sounds normal to me. :smile:
    Here comes the PM... "What bar, address, time?"
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    The person you should be asking is your husband.
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Not weird I've done this myself
  • MichelleAymond
    Options
    My hubby was thinking the same exact thing. He knew what was to come if I went alone!

I agree....my hubby personally would not want me to go alone...he wouldn't forbid it, just let me know that he was uncomfortable with it. At which point, I would go anyway if i really wanted to!!

Maybe do a restaurant where the game will be playing? Wouldn't necessarily be an all out sports bar? I mean, you know they let little people in too....like Hooter's or BWW, Chili's, anything like that.

Or, go pick up some wings and pizza, a 6-er (or 12 if you're realllly thirsty!)......play the game on tv on mute and tune in to a radio station....and yes that may make me wierd but totally done it many times!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    i don't know where you live vs. who you are rooting for, but if you are in a different location than your team (like if you live in Florida and are a Rangers fan) I would call ahead to be sure the game is playing at that bar. The NBA has games going on and we are in the middle of baseball season.

I'm in Chicago and rooting for the Blackhawks. They probably won't play any other games. Also, I'm going to a bar that we frequent to watch hockey at/have dinner.

If you want to feel weird I can come meet you there. Blackhawks fan here, though I tend to watch the games in goalie mask, skates, and jock strap. Friend date?

Hahaha um tempting, but I doubt they'll let you in the bar like that. Also, it seems like you are missing some equipment. Now imagining Crow in just goalie mask, skates, and a jock strap. :love:

Married women shouldn't be checking out other guy's equipment, unless its an open marriage. **Throws peanut shell on floor**

Enjoy the game...
  • xochristianna
    xochristianna Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    i don't know where you live vs. who you are rooting for, but if you are in a different location than your team (like if you live in Florida and are a Rangers fan) I would call ahead to be sure the game is playing at that bar. The NBA has games going on and we are in the middle of baseball season.

I'm in Chicago and rooting for the Blackhawks. They probably won't play any other games. Also, I'm going to a bar that we frequent to watch hockey at/have dinner.

If you want to feel weird I can come meet you there. Blackhawks fan here, though I tend to watch the games in goalie mask, skates, and jock strap. Friend date?

Hahaha um tempting, but I doubt they'll let you in the bar like that. Also, it seems like you are missing some equipment. Now imagining Crow in just goalie mask, skates, and a jock strap. :love:

Married women shouldn't be checking out other guy's equipment, unless its an open marriage. **Throws peanut shell on floor**

Enjoy the game...

Ha! I don't think there's anything wrong with a "celebrity" crush. Enjoy the game as well!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

Enjoy the game...

Ha! I don't think there's anything wrong with a "celebrity" crush. Enjoy the game as well!
  • xochristianna
    xochristianna Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Enjoy the game...

Oh...Geeze. I wasn't thinking about it like that (i.e. you need shin pads, shoulder pads, jersey, etc.). Remember when I said I lacked common sense? :tongue:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Imposter.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I have done this same thing many times--just with baseball instead of hockey. :smile:
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome, do it!
  • trish07tx
    trish07tx Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If you feel comfortable doing it, then go. I used to go to the sports bar to watch University of Texas football when I lived in KY and it wasn't available on any of the "regular" channels. It always felt a bit weird being a woman alone in a sports bar (even thou its TOTALLY acceptable for men to go to bars to watch sports alone). However the bartenders were extra nice to me and kind of kept a lookout on me! I really only did it because there was no other option for watching the game thou... because I felt weird. But again if YOU feel comfortable doing it, don't let anybody else tell you it's not "acceptable"!
  • dillingerr
    dillingerr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree that you value our opinion enough is weird. Who care what people think?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Who care what people think?
    90% of the human race.
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Eh, I wouldn't really say I'm asking for permission. I know I can go - but it's valuable to know for example that some men think that a woman alone in a sports bar is an invitation to get hit on.

Oh come on!!! Seriously, you're not stupid and you know what's going to happen! Men are men and will hit on you, you know it and everyone on here knows it. And maybe ask your husband rather than a bunch of strangers. If he's cool with it, then have a blast.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options

Oh come on!!! Seriously, you're not stupid and you know what's going to happen! Men are men and will hit on you, you know it and everyone on here knows it. And maybe ask your husband rather than a bunch of strangers. If he's cool with it, then have a blast.

Why you so angry?!
  • Rochelle951
    Rochelle951 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Lol have fun and just enjoy your free drinks!!
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options

Why you so angry?!

I don't know! Lol. I've been mad all day for some reason. :)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Not weird, but get ready to be hit on. Woman along in a sports bar that means open game to many men

That what she wants. She's looking for us to tell her it's okay.

really? because she's female it's impossible that she just wants to watch hockey?