I need help determining calories...

Options
77Lola
77Lola Posts: 37
When doing one pot meals such as spaghetti or soups how do you determine how many calories?

Replies

• Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Put the ingredients into the recipe calculator and add how many servings there are and it will break it down for you. Just go to food then recipes and on the right hand side it will allow you to enter a new recipe!
  • jul21r
    jul21r Posts: 34
    Options
    I made chicken noodle soup the other day and I used the recipe builder. You enter all ingredients and servings and it tells you how many calories per serving.
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You can enter the recipe including the ingredients and number of servings per pot, and MFP will figure it out.
  • sarahpwilhelm
    Options
    I use the recipe calculator here on myfitnesspal and then divide it by the number of servings I will make out of the pot. I always measure out all of the servings in the pot before I start eating, so I know exactly how much I consume at each meal. You could just estimate, so if a pot of soup is supposed to make 12 cups, make your recipe 12 servings and then just measure how many cups you have at each serving.
  • 77Lola
    77Lola Posts: 37
    Options
    Thanks! I didn't realize I had this option via iPhone!!