when do exercise

Options
when do u exercise? im thinking of doing it in the morning. try n get it out of the way. what do u all think??

Replies

• makusmile
    Options
    I think Morning Is better or so I heard..wish u luck
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I am a nighttime exerciser but I understand the thought process behind getting it done early in the day. I just don't seem to have the time until all my people are put away for the evening!
  • stella77
    stella77 Posts: 282
    Options
    Morning is much better. It starts as "getting it out of the way" and becomes a "great way to start your day"!
  • Gatmanc17
    Options
    I start off the morning with 30 min of light cardio. I don't drink or eat anything before hand. You have to take it easy keeping your heart rate low so your body goes for your fat as fuel. It works well for me and kick starts your body for the rest of the day. i also do an afternoon workout.
  • lordofultima
    Options
    I lift weights early in the day, and then go for a run around midnight. Best of both worlds!
  • NZNeep
    NZNeep Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm not a morning person at all, although I would love to get into a good morning exercise routine. I'm in summer at the moment down here, so I wait for it to cool off a bit and go for a run in the evening.

The other thing I'm finding is that I need to go out twice a day, once to walk my dog and once to actually run (his little legs just can't keep up!) although the other day I did stuff him in a backpack and jump on my bike... his extra weight made hills a little more difficult.
  • cass89
    cass89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    all excellent responses!
    thank you all! i was thinking of joining a 24 hour gym so i can do it in the morning but then i dont know how long it will last lol. i like that it starts you burning early. i was thinking 5 mornings. all just llight cardio. then maybe at night some muscle. im yet to get a session with the personal trainer. that will give me more of an idea.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I do a run at lunchtime, three days a week, down by the river (London) where I work.

3328501.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • PokenStick
    Options
    I try to work out in the mornings but I'm a school teacher so that means waking up at 4am to get in an hour workout. I'm not very successful with it. But working out in the morning feels right to me.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I think that you can exercise whenever you have the time to - as long as you do it everyday. I've always been an evening workout person...I don't want to get up any earlier than I already do and I know that if I worked out first thing in the morning I'd be clumsy and it would be half-a$$ed :-P
  • KAM1500
    KAM1500 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I personally would love to workout in the mornings, but with my work schedule and long commute, it doesn't always happen. My biggest problem is that once I start to workout I want to workout, so my workout times vary (anywhere from 30 minutes to 75 minutes). I typically workout when I get home from work (which is nice since I spend over an hour in the car).

My goal would be to do about 20-30 minutes (light cardio) in the morning and then another workout when I get home.

The best time to workout is when you can. So make a 'date' each day for yourself to get moving.

:smile: