counting calories and exercise really works

Options
5 years ago I lost 64 lb and the way I did it was 5 x 30 mins exercise each week and counting and recording all my calories! I managed to keep that weight off for 4.5 years but 6 months ago I had to stop exerciseing as I had hurt my back from all the running I was doing. I continued for a short time recording my calories but stopped about 4 months ago. Since then I have put 20 lb back on without really noticing! But now my clothes ain't fitting and I can really see the difference in photos etc in my face! I am into day 3 of starting again , my back is still very sore and have strarted brisk walking instead of running to restrict the impact and also recording my calories again. I am resisting the urge to weigh every 5 mins and am going to do it every monday morning without fail ! I hope to lose 10lb in 1st 12 weeks and then kick on from there fingers crossed . Watchg this space I will achieve it as there is no better feeling than people asking have you lost weight it just makes you smile! Wish me luck x

Replies

• jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! You've done this before and you can do it again. You may not be able to exercise as intently as you want but all exercise helps so enjoy the walks! The compliments are great but even better is not having to buy new clothes and feeling healthy!
  • nancym221
    Options
    I am sure you can do it again. Good Luck!!
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You can definitly do this again! Good luck ; )