New guy from across the sea!

Hey there,
I am a new member from the UK and I am very much hoping that you all out there will prove the motivation that is so sadly lacking up till now!
I have pilled on the pounds in the last 2 years since I stopped smoking - but they are worth every ounce to get rid of the weed!!
Now though, I have managed to get myself addicted to crisps (potato chips) and binge out on those bad boys every evening.
Got a BMI of 31, cholestorol of 6.7 and so enough is enough :mad: . Dr has perscribed statins and fat absorbtion blockers so now its down to me to change my habbits.
Looking forward to checking in with the site/community and hope that your successes will spur me on.
Good luck to you all with your goals and aims
Heres to a healthier, longer life!:happy:

Replies

• unolie
    unolie Posts: 2
    Hey there,
    I am a new member from the UK and I am very much hoping that you all out there will prove the motivation that is so sadly lacking up till now!
    I have pilled on the pounds in the last 2 years since I stopped smoking - but they are worth every ounce to get rid of the weed!!
    Now though, I have managed to get myself addicted to crisps (potato chips) and binge out on those bad boys every evening.
    Got a BMI of 31, cholestorol of 6.7 and so enough is enough :mad: . Dr has perscribed statins and fat absorbtion blockers so now its down to me to change my habbits.
    Looking forward to checking in with the site/community and hope that your successes will spur me on.
    Good luck to you all with your goals and aims
    Heres to a healthier, longer life!:happy:
  • Welcome to the site! It's a great place with wonderful tools, and I'm sure it will help you meet your goal.

And congrats on breaking your smoking habit! I know how hard it can be from witnessing friends and family who have tried to quit. :flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    hey there new guy from the UK! lol

welcome and it sounds like you'll fit right in nicely!

Wishing you luck on the journey of ours....its much easier when have the right tools...(mfp) and the right type of support (mfp family)...so looking forward to us all reaching our goals!

best to you too!
    hugs!
    Ali
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    :wink: Welcome! And best of luck to you :flowerforyou: The people here are really friendly and helpful, you'll have exactly what you need. :happy:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Welcome:flowerforyou: Here are some cut up veggies and some light ranch dressing , that I trade you for the potatoe chips
    :drinker:
  • monica5237
    monica5237 Posts: 450
    Hello and heres a warm welcome to you.:flowerforyou:

I hope to see posts from you and we want to hear about your good days and your bad ones too, we are all here for you
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Welcome and watch out for the ladies here.
    They are a suspicious bunch.
    just kidding.

There is a lot of support and MFP is a very easy tool to use.
  • kellbell
    kellbell Posts: 145 Member
    Welcome!! You will love it here. The support and ideas are wonderful!!!!
    Good luck :)

~Kell
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Hullo!

Welcome and yes, you will find mucho grande information and great boisterous people!

Welcome!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Hello from this side of the pond! You have come to just the right place to make friends, find motivation, and enjoy!
  • hnlymark
    hnlymark Posts: 191
    Cherrios! (You's guys say that, right?)
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Hey-o!

You'll love it here! Welcome welcome. Trust me, I know they all say this, but if I can do it, you can do it. lol. :laugh:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Welcome new friend!!! Hooray for you taking control of what your body needs! You can so do this, and I look forward to seeing your changes and next check up results! YEY YOU!!!

:drinker:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Welcome new guy :bigsmile: Congrats on making the choice to have a healthier lifestyle...:drinker: :flowerforyou: You've come to the right place :wink:

****pssssst....Shannon, we got a new guy!!! :bigsmile: ****
    everybody: let's try not to scare this one away....we'll have to ease him into our crazy world :laugh:

Just kidding....you'll love it here :happy:
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Hello there, you will LOVE this site. Tons of support here.