Change for 2011

Options
Hello, my name is Melissa and I am new to MyFitnessPal. I am hoping this new fitness tool will help me stick to my goals for 2011 and stay in a continuous healthy state of being. I am the Matron of Honor in a wedding in late March and hope to be in great shape by then. Although, I have a failry healthy physic, it is just that...an appearance. I hope to minimize my BMI, and increase lean muscle. Ultimately I want to lose about 7-10lbs of fat and gain that in musle. I am hoping that my optimizing my workouts, sticking to good foods, less sugar/sweets, and sleeping consistently I will see great progress. Happy New Year to all.

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You've found a great site to help you stay on track. Good luck!!
  • PhilBlock
    PhilBlock Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    what workouts are you using?
  • alwazrunin84
    Options
    thank you
  • alwazrunin84
    Options
    In terms of workouts, I have the P90X videos, and the Insanity ones also...but mainly I stick to a routine at the gym. I always do cardio at least 20minutes at an intense rate...typically 3+miles. I also always do weights of some sort. i rotate based on muscle group...one day legs, one day back/core...another arms (biceps, triceps etc). I am naturally toned, just really want to focus on decreasing body fat and increasing lean muscle. I have the ability to get very muscular. Even at 115lbs at one point I was much thinner and put on 23 lbs of muscle (while at basic training)...so I want to avoid getting too muscular...just out of shape...lazy at points I suppose.

Any advice you have would be great to hear.