I fell like an idiot...

Options
So being the clumsy person I am, I tripped on air Friday afternoon and busted up my right knee pretty good. I wrapped it and put ice on it all weekend. I have also been taking Motrin regularly to help the inflammation. It is still sore, and I am walking with a good limp right now. I guess I am just mad at myself because I have consistently doing between 3-4 runs several days a week. This is just a major setback for me. I don't know when I will be able to get out on the road again....whining over..... :(

Replies

• vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Take this opportunity to begin a strength regimen, particularly upper body. Enjoy results ;)
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Take a week and rest, it's not going to set back much, if at all.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Most of my injuries involved me doing something incredibly clumsy or incredibly stupid. I wish I had bragging rights from mine, but I don't. The point is it happens. I agree with the above poster though about starting some strength training. Good luck on your healing!
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Did you see a doctor? I had one of those injuries and waited too long before going to a doctor. It is easy to do more harm to your knee than it feels like.
    Best of luck
    Stef.
  • firfeous
    firfeous Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    As a fellow klutz I feel your pain! Remember, a minor setback is better than.pushing yourself too soon and causing greater injury!
  • tl_dr
    tl_dr Posts: 96
    Options
    oh no :frown:

You should put a band-aid on it. I bet that will make it feel better. :flowerforyou: The word of thousands of kids can't be wrong. :glasses:
  • ggluvbug1
    ggluvbug1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Did you see a doctor? I had one of those injuries and waited too long before going to a doctor. It is easy to do more harm to your knee than it feels like.
    Best of luck
    Stef.

I keep thinking I will, but then the next day it feels a little better. So, no....
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Ouch! I agree with resting it but doing some upper body work. Knee injurys hurt on so many levels!

If it makes you feel better about being a klutz, I fell and busted up my knee pretty bad.

On my wedding day.

In my wedding dress.

Right before the photos.
  • ggluvbug1
    ggluvbug1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Ouch! I agree with resting it but doing some upper body work. Knee injurys hurt on so many levels!

If it makes you feel better about being a klutz, I fell and busted up my knee pretty bad.

On my wedding day.

In my wedding dress.

Right before the photos.

Ugh!!! Must be something about klutzes and big events. This was the evening before my graduation from grad school at Ole Miss.
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You may find that a few days rest will have you coming back with a PR don't disrepair!!
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    If it's still quite slow to improve I'd see a doctor just to be on the safe side.

2 years ago at a bonspiel I fell and only managed to get an appointment 8 days later, the night of the accident I could barely walk up a flight of stairs and used crutches when having to go outside the house for the first 2-3 days. When I went to see the doc finally he diagnosed me with a tibial plateau contusion, MCL sprain and the impact also somehow scored me patellar tendonitis and required 2.5 months of physio and VERY slow progression to walking my usual distances - walking to and from the bus stops to physio were a chore but got easier over time. Had exercises to do once or twice a day and the whole bit

All that to say...If it hurts bad, rather be safe than sorry man up and see a doc
  • Happy_Niss
    Happy_Niss Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Stretching and strength training! That's what Paula Newby-Fraser did when she was injured, and it helped her win the Iron Man competition!