New start...New me...I'll need friends :)

Options
Hi, Ive been here before and need to start afresh I've got 15lbs to loose. I know to some people that might not be much but I'm quite short and can't carry it off :blushing:
I'm Living in Ireland and a lot of the foods that I but from Tesco and Aldi are already in the food database, and I'm using th iPhone app....I really do have no excuse not to succeed.
I want to feel thin again and I can vaguely remember what it feels like to wear jeans without them digging into my waist.
I've just bought 'Your Shape' and 'Zumba' for xbox kinect and am feeling really motovated right now :happy:
I could do with support and help here so feel free to add me if you have room for one more little friend :wink:
thanks,
Sonia

Replies

• Phoenyxtears
    Options
    You can do this! No amount of weight loss is small or insignificant, because we all have one main goal in mind: to look and feel healthier. Welcome to MFP and good luck!!! We are all here for you!
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on your journey.
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    It sounds like you're off to a great start already!! I'll definitely add you as a friend! I could always use more, too myself!! :)
  • loreew32
    Options
    sounds like you are off to a great start! there are lots of friends here that can give you support! :flowerforyou:
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Good luck! we are all taking the same journey no matter the distance.
  • sseanbecky
    Options
    Hello, I am also looking to lose about 15 lbs. Why do I need to wait until I am extremely overweight in order to be concerned about my weight. I have a gym membership and will also start doing zumba once a week. I just started yesterday and the first day it was really hard to stay below my calorie level. I found out I was eating too many snacks. Over 500 calories in snacks! That is almost half my calorie intake for the day! The second day I did much better and was 7 calories below my daily suggested calorie intake for the day. Good luck to you!

Becky
  • ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you - we have about the same amount of weight to lose. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • CLH00
    CLH00 Posts: 15
    Options
    I just discovered this site and joined a few days ago. I can't believe how easy it is to use so I'm sure you'll do fine with reaching your goal. I'll be glad to provide some moral support, I'm gonna need it too! :)
  • savagegirl
    savagegirl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! I've just started out on here too! I'm in Birmingham, UK. Well I want to lose 7-14 pounds depending on how it goes so we're in a similar position! I'm in a gym but also have various wii games similar to the Kinect ones and also use Tae Bo DVDs to mix things up!! I'll definitely add you and we can cheer each other on!!! :-D
  • katland15
    Options
    The friends make all the difference! Good Luck!
  • logitech
    logitech Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday (again) and I always find the first five days the toughest, after that it becomes easier...but not easy. Best of luck on your journey and stay focused. It's amazing what instant feedback you get when you track your calories. Remember you can't improve what you don't meassure, so make sure to use MFP site to calculate your calorie intake.
  • soniakd
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all :drinker:
  • SylvieJacques
    SylvieJacques Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Best of luck. I'm in the same boat. Lost 93 lbs recently but gained back 14 during November/December so it's time for me to get back on track as well. So I have about the same amount of weight to loose as you do; feel free to add me as a friend if you feel like it.
  • ashleylh1984
    Options
    I send you support, you can do this. Keep going for the goal and don't give up, weight is a hard battle for so many of us, but we are stronger than we think and can pull through and win the battle. I wish you all the luck.
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. How is the Kinect games. We have a kinect and I'm using the Adventures with the cart on the tracks as some extra cardio. If done right with the jumping, ducking and side to side is a great workout. Anyone have the Biggest Loser Kinect game?
  • HeatherParsons
    Options
    Hi, I was actually born in waterford, Ireland. I know the food is very rich and calorie dense!
  • roland72
    roland72 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I haven't done the whole friend bit, but if it helps to lose some weight and stay motivated then feel free to add me :)

I have found that the iphone app is a great way to stay motivated and keep an up to the minute overview as to where you are. i have found it a great way to motivate myself and to not "forget" any naughty snacks that usually slipped through the net.