need to loose 30lbs but got no motivation

Options
I weigh 136lbs and need to loose 30lb for my ideal weight for my height. How can i get into the mind shot that i cannot snack. :(

Last night i cracked and ended up eating a galaxy caramel bar :( help me get some motivation.

Replies

• fannyanntut
    fannyanntut Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    count the calories and allow yourself a treat. Don't feel guilty, its just a hickup. look at it this way, if you have a beautiful china tea service and you broke a saucer you wouldn't throw the rest of it away. I am a late night snacker too so I just keep myself busy, stay away from the kitchen and drink lots x sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't :o)
  • craigdean
    Options
    I agree with Fanny, keep an honest track of all the calories that you consume in a day and you will see how the snacks affect you. The other thing to try is to find a snack that might be lower in calories and other bad things. At work I sometimes get bored and that is when my snacking happens. So I keep a box of the 90 calorie granola bars in my desk. I can have it and then not feel completely guilty that I just had a snack.
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem... It's really hard at night not to snack - I try and keep busy or go to bed at a decent time... Most nights I am up to at least 11PM, but I try and drink water or do something (clean, read, music, whatever you can find).. I still have weak moments on a weekly basis, but I am trying.. Best of Luck!!!
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    How bad do you want to drop those pounds? Why do you want to drop the pounds? If you focus on your goals and why you have the goals, you may be able to motivate yourself more. I notice when I get close to my goal, I sabotage myself or life circumstances get in my way. I believe your motivation will come from within once you buy into what you are doing and why.
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Ooh that sounds like a dangerous statement: 'I cannot snack'! Of course you can! Just good snacks – fruit, veggies, nuts etc, and track it all. If you starve yourself for hours until your next meal you'll end up overeating. Good luck!
  • sushia
    sushia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would definitely say don't hold yourself guilty over the fact that you had a snack, we all have hiccups so it's natural. Aside from that a little treat will probably make you want those items less and less instead of one big breakdown.
    My trainer always says my motivation is how I will feel once the goal is accomplished. The ease of taking a flight of stairs, etc. The overall physical well being. (and I need to remember that sometimes myself too)
  • kimmie0627
    kimmie0627 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I get a little chocolate all the time. But I make room in my calories for it. A snack is not a bad thing if you keep it small. Fruits also make great snacks too. Just work it in to your calorie limit. You can do it.

Kimmie
  • jirwin323
    jirwin323 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have been there too many times. My friend Motivation always joined me on the couch at night with a bag of chips. Then one day, I decided Motivation was not contributing to my well being so I moved on to Happiness. Happiness is with me every step of the way as I run, bike, walk, loose weight, and feel better about myself.

So rather than say "need to loose 30lbs" say "need to loose 5lbs". A much smaller goal and easily achievable. And then say it again when you reach that goal. Repeat 6 times!

BTW - Happiness is there for everyone to share!
  • hippiechick67
    Options
    I am doing the low carb Atkins plan - it has helped me keep the weight off, just want to drop a few extra I gained over the holidays. I can snack, just need to be choosy about what I eat. Atkins makes some yummy snack bars that are low carb and sugar-free (watch out if you are counting calories cause they are not calorie free!) and Russell Stover has wonderful sugar-free chocolates. Chocolate is my weakness but these keep me in line!
  • Angel_Lisa
    Options
    Today i am making sure i am motivating myself, i even bought myself a skipping rope and im going to buy a weighted hula hoop to help with my hips and thighs etc etc. I started skipping on monday and OMG it killed, my legs are still killing.

I am making a homemade beef stew with Dumplings tonight so i know exactly what is in the food i will be eating, but i am NOT going to allow myself to get into peeking into the fridge lol.

Thanks.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I weigh 136lbs and need to loose 30lb for my ideal weight for my height. How can i get into the mind shot that i cannot snack. :(

Last night i cracked and ended up eating a galaxy caramel bar :( help me get some motivation.

Can I ask how tall you are and if you know your body fat%? if you lose 30lbs that would put you at 106 lbs or a little over 7 1/2 stones. That seems awfully low. If you are going by BMI then don't. It's a very poor way of assessing an individual's body composition although a useful tool for tracking general obsesity trends in large populations over time.

As for the galaxy caramel bar I wouldn't worry. They are about 250 calories at a guess so if you are maintaing a reasonable calorie deficit it will have a virtually negligible affect on your progress. If you start eating 4 or 5 a day then be worried...
  • Angel_Lisa
    Options
    Well after a week of trying to fight not eating crap which i failed in. I have lost 0.6 pounds and instead of 31lbs to loose i have 28lbs to loose :):) My sister is lending me her Wii Fit Plus tomorrow so i can start to exercise with guidance - i bought a skipping rope but i cant get motivated as i get bored! :/

As the Wii Fit Plus counts calories, fat etc etc i can keep up with it daily. :)
  • Angel_Lisa
    Options

Can I ask how tall you are and if you know your body fat%? if you lose 30lbs that would put you at 106 lbs or a little over 7 1/2 stones. That seems awfully low. If you are going by BMI then don't. It's a very poor way of assessing an individual's body composition although a useful tool for tracking general obsesity trends in large populations over time.

As for the galaxy caramel bar I wouldn't worry. They are about 250 calories at a guess so if you are maintaing a reasonable calorie deficit it will have a virtually negligible affect on your progress. If you start eating 4 or 5 a day then be worried...

I am on 4ft 11in so very petite - i havent being able to get back to pre pregnancy weight, i have two children and thats where the weight stems from - i was 7 and a half pounds before i got pregnant with my first son and i was a healthy 7 and a half pounds back in 2005. I want to go back to that and feel good again :)
  • Angel_Lisa
    Options
    Also my friend is posting me a booklet from Slimming World on how to eat correctly, whats best for me and whats not so that will give me an idea o how to cook certain foods in oil and which oil etc etc, at the moment i use veg oil :s
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    hey you can still snack just choose something healthier. plan out your snack ahead of time so you have something to look forward to. once you start seeing results it will be easier to say no to the stuff that is bad for us. also have a cheat day every now and then.
  • Angel_Lisa
    Options
    hey you can still snack just choose something healthier. plan out your snack ahead of time so you have something to look forward to. once you start seeing results it will be easier to say no to the stuff that is bad for us. also have a cheat day every now and then.

I always choose the wrong things to snack on lol. I should really be snacking on healthy things but i do alot of home baking aswell for my boys and i tend to snack on buns and cakes iv made!!! lol