ONE YEAR LATER

libtech50
libtech50 Posts: 26
edited September 22 in Success Stories
One year since finding Myfitnesspal.com my eating habits have changed, my weight has gotten less and my abilty to walk has improved
This time last year I could not go walking in a grocery store as the arthritis in my knee was bad. My frame was carrying around over 300lbs. Today make healthy choices whether at home or eating out. I ask for a take home box when they bring my meal. I place half of in the box right away so I am not tempted to eat the whole meal.

I can now go for walks. Last year I could not even walk in the stores, but today I can walk at my job for 15-20 minutes.

All the above is possible by lossing 76 lbs.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Replies

• lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Your story is an inspiration! I hope to be off some of my meds by this time next year.
  • jennpv
    jennpv Posts: 33 Member
    Wow, way to go! Sometimes the victory isn't always just in the number of pounds lost! Congrats to you on your achievement!
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 494 Member
    That is fantastic!! So happy for you!! Happy New Year indeed!
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Great work - well done x
  • That is such an accomplishment....I'm new to MFP and have struggled with my weight for quit a while now. Reading your message board entry gives me such hope you have really inspired me... I wish you well throughout your endeavors. God Bless :happy:
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Way to go!! :drinker: Thank you so much for sharing!! Keep up the great progress!! :bigsmile:
  • That is really inspriational!!!
  • That's amazing, great job!!!
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Very awesome!
  • YAY! that's fantastic!
  • That is really, really exciting! Good for you for staying with it and not giving up/giving in.
    Very inspirational - great message to welcome in the new year!
  • I hope to stop my bp meds if possible by the time I am done. I tell myself it is not a diet, it is changing my eating habits. I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT TOO!:flowerforyou:
  • THANK YOU!! Medical reasons are a good reason why we should change our eating habits. GOOD LUCK!:love:
  • I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT TOO!! :smile:
  • Thank you!1:wink:
  • I have always had a weight problem also!! I have tried everything, loss weight only to put it plus more on. This time I am taking a different view. I am positive my new view on weight loss and this great website is the reason. My new view is that I am not on a diet, I am chaning my eating habits. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!! I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT TOO!! Please email me if you support.:happy:
  • Holiday times are diffiuclt to lose weight or even stay the same. However I like your mini goal you set for yourself. Make you your goals are realistic! I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!:wink:
  • WOW! You are almost there!! CONGRADS!:smile:
  • THANK YOU EVERYONE!
  • THANK YOU EVERYONE!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!